Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #1

Southern New Mexico

My nephew is getting married at the end of June in Ruidoso NM so it is a great excuse to take about a 3 week jaunt from DFW to Las Cruces to Ruidoso then to Lubbock, TX (DW family) and then home after the 4th of July.

We will spend about a week in each place, both of my parents are from the Cruces and I have spent a great deal of time there and in Ruidoso but have never been there in a RV so I know nothing with regard to RV Parks there.

For those who have stayed in either Las Cruces, NM and/or Ruidoso, NM I would love to get a recommendation of where to stay or even where to avoid staying.

We have looked at RV Park Reviews and like Sunny Acres in Cruces since it’s well rated and not on I-10, has anyone been there?

As for Ruidoso I really don’t have a clue yet, we are going to be there a week so I don’t mind traveling a few extra miles to get to a great park in Alto for example. I would love some suggestions again good or bad.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #2

Those locations are super visiting locations!

The best way is to Google these locations this way and when you do switch to the map and it will show you all the campgrounds in that area. You can zoom in and also select the campground and go to their website.

campgrounds near Ruidoso NM
campgrounds near Las Cruces NM

This is the way I find them when I'm travelling in an area for the first time.

Hope this helps you and others.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:25 AM   #3
SCHYBOLT

"ALONG THE RIVER RV PARK, CAMPGROUND & CABINS" is small locally owned and operated by the owners (who lived there). We were there in 2013 so things could have changed but we liked it at that time. We were using a "casita" at that time but there were larger trailers there. Scenery was not the greatest (not bad, just nothing grand) but it was peaceful and quiet as well as close to town.
2014 CATALINA 263RLS
VANS RV7A
schybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by schybolt View Post
"ALONG THE RIVER RV PARK, CAMPGROUND & CABINS" is small locally owned and operated by the owners (who lived there). We were there in 2013 so things could have changed but we liked it at that time. We were using a "casita" at that time but there were larger trailers there. Scenery was not the greatest (not bad, just nothing grand) but it was peaceful and quiet as well as close to town.
I second this recommendation. We stayed there 11 days last August. Barry and Donna are great folks... really helpful. Barry spotted for us when I backed into our site with the rear of our trailer about 20' from the Rio Bonito.
Along the River RV Park

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
I Break Everything

Use this website: New Mexico Campground Reviews - The Best of New Mexico Camping - RV Park Reviews
it will have all you need, we've stayed in Taos and Reidoso, the reviews on this site are accurate.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #6

southern new mexico

Rockhound state park in Demming n.m. is a nice place to stay. They have water and electric at most sites,nice clean showers and a dump station. For $17.00 a day you can"t beat it.
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:23 PM   #7

We are in Ruidoso, NM right now, it's 73 degrees with showers, back home there is a heat index of 100.

We kinda changed plans along the way, we realized leaving DFW at the end of June and driving down I-10 would be real hot so we got up very early and drove almost 400 miles the first day to Pecos. I had found a relatively new park there that had awnings over each RV space and that worked well.

The next day we drove to Cruces and stayed at Sunny Acres RV again because of the shade trees. It's a little older and all adult so it was cozy, friendly and quiet. We only spent 3 days there due to the heat but ate as many Chilie Rellanos as possible.

We got to Ruidoso yesterday afternoon and really haven't got out and about yet, We are staying at a place that's about 2 years old called RV Resorts of Ruidoso and it's a real nice place. The host is a blast, she's a firecracker.

We had wanted to stay up near Alto but had read many reviews about cell service being poor to nonexistent and even though I'm on vacation I'm also self-employed so I'm never really on vacation. Cell and WiFi are good here and we are on the the top tier so road noise is minimal.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote