Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #21

Blanco SP continues to be our favorite:

We started a family tradition by spending Thanksgiving week there. Took the grandgirls last year and they had a ball although DW and I were worn out afterwards

We'll head out for Lockhart SP in two weeks. We're not golfers, but there's a nine-hole golf course in the park, so we'll give it a go... Hope they rent out clubs...
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #22

We still want to try Blanco. This week we are at the Rusk KOA Texas and it is a smaller park very nice. Never stayed at KOA before. Drove over to Mission Tejas sp but it is small full hookups are short others are crowded.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
We still want to try Blanco. This week we are at the Rusk KOA Texas and it is a smaller park very nice. Never stayed at KOA before. Drove over to Mission Tejas sp but it is small full hookups are short others are crowded.
Don't know if you have ever tried it and how close to it you may be, but the Texas Train ride between Rusk and Palestine is a great ride with a lot of great East Texas scenery to be seen.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #24

Stayed a week at Galveston Island State Park. A lot to do around there. Just remember, this is feet from the Gulf. The first night there I left our canopy out (I wondered why everyone else put theirs up?) The Gulf winds started up and a large section of our canopy was ripped off by the time I got outside to put it up. The insurance company covered it 100%.... said it was an 'act of God'.... There is a lot to do on the island and it is really close to Houston to do a lot therre.
Galveston Island State Park, Galveston Texas

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #25

We love Lake Bob Sandlin SP.... Great shaded spaces with many on the water....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #26

We did do the round trip train from Rusk to Palestine nice weather so we did the open car took our own lunch to eat at the depot then it rained some on the way back but it was really nice.

Jamaica Beach RV is a nice park and there is a lot to do in Galveston. Ride the ferry, Bishops Palace, the Strand, Houston, Schiletterbahn at Moody Gardens, Airport Museum and lots more. We are from/ worked there for years and parents/ grandparents are from there.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #27

My dad just sent info on the train and the campgrounds at Rusk and Palestine. Sounds great. They did the Polar Express with my sister and her kids before and really enjoyed it.

I'm putting it on our agenda for a future trip.
4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #28

What ever you do do not stay at the RV park at the Rusk train stop. We stayed at the KOA in Rusk very nice small park really liked it. Drove thru the park at the train station it was horrible also drove thru Mission Tejas SP. Nice park but spots were small and cramped so we didn't like it .
Old 10-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #29

We have stayed at Lake Livingston st. park, it really nice.
Galveston has a pretty nice city owned park City of Galveston, Texas - Beaches
we just stayed at Rocky Creek park
this past weekend. nice park lots of Deer runing around the park. The only downside is it infested with ants. i think its the crazy ants. they are everywhere. had to go pick up some spray and spray all over the camp site and still found some in the tt when i got home
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #30

this was my camp spot at rocky creek. the lake is about 10 feet below normal from what i was told.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130927_160551_429[1].jpg
Views:	111
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	40601  
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #31

Thanks Eisbell. Sounds like a place to avoid. We do have to plan ahead since our TT is 34 feet and we like space. I'll have to check out the KOA.
4texans is offline   Reply With Quote