Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #1

Strange happening at RV park

We were sitting here in the LaCrosse minding our own business when I saw a custom hot rod pull into the park driveway, then another, then another followed by many more. They stopped at the office and the park owner Penny got into her camp car and led the rods on a parade around the park, everyone started getting cameras and taking pictures, it was real neat to have them pass right in front of your trailer. I grabbed the video camera out of the truck and got the whole parade on video. There was somewhere over 20 cars, I'll have to watch the video and count them.

We have stayed at a lot of parks but this is the first one that has every supplied a parade for the campers.

Two Harbors is having a Heritage Day Celebration this weekend and the cars were here for a car show.

Penmarallter Campsite is a great quiet, clean family ran park and is a good place to stay in Two Harbor, MN
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Thanks for sharing.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #3

Street rods are a big thing in MN. The MSRA (MN Street Rod Assoc.) just had one of the countries biggest hot rod shows a couple weeks ago. Back to the 50's brings in over 11k cars from pre 1964 (No mustangs! lol. Even reminds of that on the website). Quite a show. My dad has a '38 Plymouth that he brings, but it has been MIA from BTTF for the last two years for electrical system and interior overhaul. Initial resto work done sometime before he got it in 2002, so it is due for some updating. I love a good car show! Can you youtube the video, please?
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildwood Danny
We were sitting here in the LaCrosse minding our own business when I saw a custom hot rod pull into the park driveway, then another, then another followed by many more. They stopped at the office and the park owner Penny got into her camp car and led the rods on a parade around the park, everyone started getting cameras and taking pictures, it was real neat to have them pass right in front of your trailer. I grabbed the video camera out of the truck and got the whole parade on video. There was somewhere over 20 cars, I'll have to watch the video and count them.

We have stayed at a lot of parks but this is the first one that has every supplied a parade for the campers.

Two Harbors is having a Heritage Day Celebration this weekend and the cars were here for a car show.

Penmarallter Campsite is a great quiet, clean family ran park and is a good place to stay in Two Harbor, MN
You should put video on u tube and post the link!?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #5

Strange happenings

Don't know that I have the computer knowledge for posting to youtube, but might give a try when we get back home where I can hook video camera to our desktop computer. I will also post some pics that Mrs Wildwood took with her camera, she won't let me use the SD card until she makes copies or backs up as I tend to push the wrong buttons sometimes and erase all of her pics.

The cars that paraded the RV park were at a car show with a lot more today at Two Harbors, we didn't get go but did drive buy, they had a lot of neat cars.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Experienced Newbie

While I was at Algonac State Park from June 29 to July 5th, they had a classic car show near the entrance to the park. Always a treat, especially for a car guy like me.

My dad has had a Corvair ever since they were introduced. My first car was a 66 Corvair Corsa. We've (well, my dad) has had nearly every model made (not at the same time) including the trucks and vans. Also had a 56 Plymouth for a while, a 34 Chevy Coupe, and a 57 Chevy Truck.

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #7

2008 Vaction

We stayed at Burlington Bay campground in Two Harbors back in 2008 and they had a classic car show through the campground then also. I atttached some pictures from that time. It was a great parade. I found out that they do this every year there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151 (Custom).jpg
Views:	133
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	16619   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0152 (Custom).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	16620   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0158 (Custom).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	16621   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0162 (Custom).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	16622   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0168 (Custom).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	16623  

spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #8

If you need help putting onto utube send me a pm I can help or post it myself. It isnt that hard trust me.
1999 Yamaha Grizzly
1996 HD Dyna Wide Glide
Namchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #9

Thanks Namchief for the offer, I might just take you up on that. Just returned from our trip last Friday, still catching up with things here at the home port, drought, hot weather, and getting back in the swing of things of life at home. Will for sure get pics in the near future and will work on video.