Old 08-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #11
Site Team

CaptJohn , I sent you a pm with cg info.

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshbrian68 View Post
I was hoping/thinking about spending the winter months in Tennessee. Does anyone know if this is possible? Does it get too cold to where I can't have running water? I don't have a specific area in mind, only one that will allow me to do this. Running water and sewer is essential.
There is even a need to Prep.for Freezing waterlines in North Fla. so don't feel Home Free in Tennessee! Youroo!!

Old 08-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #13

Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We are going to Gatlinburg in October also. Which CG do you prefer? Would not go there in winter, we winter in Florida. It would be more comfortable at home in SE Coastal NC than TN during winter.
Why would anyone from beautiful Ocean Isle winter in the swamp called Florida?? Sent from Oak Island
Old 08-01-2016, 07:28 PM   #14

Tenn winter

We stayed in Dayton Tenn at Bluewater Campground Resort and Marina. While there they had campers that lived there through the winter. It does get cold there, some campers used insulated drinking hoses that were heated to keep water running. We were there March 1-15, 2014 and morning temperatures were mid twenties highs were around fifty. The resort store closes for part of the winter season but opened about the time we arrived. The staff and resort were super and we went back and stayed spring of 2015 while finding our home in nearby Pikeville Tenn. Recommend this resort to all. Enjoy
Old 08-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
Why would anyone from beautiful Ocean Isle winter in the swamp called Florida?? Sent from Oak Island

No snow here in winter but it does get exceptionally cool. I'd rather have AC on than heat so a couple months in FL helps. It does sound strange considering many winter here from up north.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #16

Word on the street is the freeze line is north of Interstate 4 in Florida. We live in Tennessee and go below I 4 in Florida.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:37 AM   #17
7 Year Class A RV'er

Freeze line in Florida is north of I-4? Whoever came up with that one obviously doesn't live in Florida or ever spent much time down here. Contrary to the typical interstate numbering, I-4 doesn't exactly run E-W like other even numbered roadways. It runs sort of diagonally, but more N-S as it starts in Tampa on the SW side of the state and ends just outside Daytona Beach on the NE side of the state.If you wanted to pick a freeze line in Florida, I'd have to tell you to figure about 75 miles or so south of the line made by I-10. Here in Orlando we get about 1 or 2 days a year where it drops to 32F (just barely); we don't even winterize our RV and it's parked in the driveway.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #18

I have stayed in Pigeon Forge Christmas and after New Year and it did get cold but what I did was unhook my water hose for the night and put the hose in the basement. It's not super cold and we had a good time. There is not a lot of people in the campground. We have stayed there at Thanksgiving and again few people in campground. We came close to running out of propane, not good as most places were closed

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #19

What did you do about sewer hookup during the time you are there? I would either unhook water or use a heated hose, but sewer is still a concern. And what about the campground, do they turn off the water to where it can't be used during certain times.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshbrian68 View Post
What did you do about sewer hookup during the time you are there? I would either unhook water or use a heated hose, but sewer is still a concern. And what about the campground, do they turn off the water to where it can't be used during certain times.

The sewer was not a problem as there is no water in the hose. The campground did not turn off the water but we were told to have a heated hose or disconnect the hose because if your water hose froze and the water line froze then you were responsible. We just filled up our fresh water tank. There is only water in the sewer hose when we dump, one time the dump valves froze but thawed them out with DW hair dryer. From then on we just made sure we dumped the day before we left if it was going to freeze that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter