Old 02-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

Thoughts on Woodhaven Lakes in Illinois?

We are looking at possibly buying a lot at Woodhaven Lakes in Illinois. My grandparents had a camper there when it first opened. I have some good memories but have not been there in 35 years or so. The thought is that we have a place that our kids can make friends and spend time in the summer but still have the flexibility to pick up the TT to actually travel with it. We live about 90 minutes or so from Woodhaven.

Anyone done anything like this before (had a permanent lot but still traveled)? If so, how did it work out?

Anyone have thoughts on Woodhaven specifically?

We are just starting to look into this and will plan a visit if we decide to move forward. I was hoping I could get some insight here on opinions or things we may not have thought of.

Thanks!

rjc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #2

Woodhaven

Been there for 20 years - ready to pull out - association very picky and seem to ticket people for nothing and yet the generic security officers fear the real trouble makers - so the pot smokers - loud blaring trash music goes on without dispute - my neighbor scared off a group of kids from our rv who were trying to break in - not comfortable for me anymore - also woodhaven lost the comfortable feel when them rebuilt new facility instead of the small quaint warm restaurant and country like store - now just cold box like warehouse store and pizza hut - ice cream store is at least 30 minute wait always on weekends but kids insist - good luck

Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. We have decided that traveling was the whole reason we purchased a travel trailer in the first place. So we will not be purchasing a lot at Woodhaven (or anywhere). Too much great stuff out there to see and we don't want to feel like we have to stay at one place to make it worth the purchase price.
rjc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote