Old 10-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #121

Spent 10 days at the Orlando park last summer, I prefer the loop all the way in the back it offers more shade. When are planning on going? Which Va parks as some are better then others, I like Chesapeake, friends stayed at Lynchburg last summer and had power issues. Va Landing is a nice park very few full hook up sites and almost at the end od the earth, not much real close, have not used Colonial Beach or Williamsburg.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #122

Orlando and Williamsburg are the ones I was looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 10-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #123
Fulltime family RVer

I can't imagine you liking Williamsburg based on your prior posts. It's an older smaller park and just OK. Served us well as a base for accessing Colonial Williamsburg and the surrounding area.

dblr is referring to section D at Orlando. Nice place but limited 50amp spots. I haven't found it too out of level but the paved pads are being reclaimed by nature. We enjoy it there. We spent almost 4 weeks there this summer with our 2-weeks out at Lake Magic.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #124

ependydad is right on Williamsburg have not heard the greatest things about it, I would try Chesapeake much nicer ( I think). Orlando in the summer you will have a great choice of sites in the winter good luck, all the snowbirds are there till at least late March. I also used The Oaks at Point South on our way down last summer once again a old park but good for a night or two if needed.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #125
Fulltime family RVer

I really need to remember TOPS when we run south this winter. That may make a good overnight stop. Any idea if they have overflow parking with electricity?
Old 10-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I really need to remember TOPS when we run south this winter. That may make a good overnight stop. Any idea if they have overflow parking with electricity?
No overflow lot but almost every site is a pull thru with full hookups and I could have stayed hooked up but seeing we were there for three nights we unloaded the Smart car off the truck, also getting around the park was not a problem for me at all.
If you do use it once you get off the exit get right in the right lane and turn right at the Waffle House then left at the T and just follow the road to the campground, we missed the turn at the Waffle House as it came up so quick.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #127
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
No overflow lot but almost every site is a pull thru with full hookups and I could have stayed hooked up but seeing we were there for three nights we unloaded the Smart car off the truck, also getting around the park was not a problem for me at all.
If you do use it once you get off the exit get right in the right lane and turn right at the Waffle House then left at the T and just follow the road to the campground, we missed the turn at the Waffle House as it came up so quick.

Thanks, dblr.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #128
Fulltime family RVer

At the end of the day, I AM really easy to please. As long as my kids have a good time and I find a place to park my camper, not much else stresses me. We are at Circle M now and were here last weekend- a place that historically doesn't get real high marks and I can honestly say, I've never had a fully bad experience. In fact, we've had some really sweet experiences with the staff being really nice to my daughter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415455940.581373.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	66026
Old 11-09-2014, 05:38 AM   #129

We always enjoy Circle M also but we normally do not use that park during the prime season between Memorial Day & Labor Day. I think that helps us some.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
At the end of the day, I AM really easy to please. As long as my kids have a good time and I find a place to park my camper, not much else stresses me. We are at Circle M now and were here last weekend- a place that historically doesn't get real high marks and I can honestly say, I've never had a fully bad experience. In fact, we've had some really sweet experiences with the staff being really nice to my daughter.

Attachment 66026

I was there in September outside of not having a full hookup I went down by the stream and it was more level there we had a good time. If it rains a lot the area by the stream gets muddy but way better than PA Dutch won't go there again, still thinking about whether or not I will renew TTrails next July

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums