Old 09-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepaeyeonit View Post
Well not down south but I have camped twice at Kenisee Lakes(a Thousand trails park) in Jefferson,Ohio as a weekender without a membership(but there were real pushy to buy one)It's not that bad but it needs help, no garbage or unsightly stuff laying around just real outdated could be a real nice place if someone were willing to spend some $$$ to update it. Keepaeyeonit
Don't know about the pressure to buy, but the parks seem to all be run down or getting there. Shame too!

Old 09-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
This one? Didn't know you were a member.
Harbor View RV & Camping Resort
15 Harbor View Circle
Colonial Beach VA 22443
I'm not a member or would I be one their. We had no problem called and they said they had space we arrived and paid and got our spot among people who stay or leave there campers there. But that is the one. A real dump IMO. First time I ever saw a Redwood, the guy even gave us a tour. he was next to us. Seemed to be a lot of weekenders. With decks and out buidings and some trailers that I would be afraid to step in.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #13

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
I stayed a week as a non-member at the TT near Sunriver, Or just a few weeks ago. It was a pleasant stay and I plan to return. I did see some "permanent sites", but nothing like what has been described above.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
I stayed a week as a non-member at the TT near Sunriver, Or just a few weeks ago. It was a pleasant stay and I plan to return. I did see some "permanent sites", but nothing like what has been described above.
From what I've learned from talking to other members, it seems that the west coast TT parks are nice and are continually being upgraded. Not the case in the Midwest and Southeast.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #15

Our nearest thousand trails spot is crappy too. Mostly full timers and when we drove through to check it out, we got the stink eye from most them. It is not what we expected from the Thousand Trails package.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #16

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
From what I've learned from talking to other members, it seems that the west coast TT parks are nice and are continually being upgraded. Not the case in the Midwest and Southeast.

The Rep mentioned that they are based out of Washington. Maybe they are paying more attention closer to "home".
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 PM   #17

I am a Thousand Trails member and most of camping that I do in a TT park is in Hershey PA.
The Hershey park I would say is well maintained. We have camped there a lot with our RV in the past, but in the last 4 years we have had an annul site.
The 5 mph speed limit is a pain, but there are a lot of kids running around and they do not watch wear they are going and then on top of that the roads are stone which generates a lot of dust. I have a red truck when I get there and when I leave after a week end my truck is white.
I just want to say that not all Thousand Trails are the same, it is the managers
on site that have the control over how it looks.
We also have camped at the TT in the Chesapeake Preserves in VA, the last time we were there it was nice but that was about 8 years ago.
We have been members of Thousand Trails for about 15 years.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #18

YEP. They are pretty much all like that.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #19

I've stayed several times at the TT park in Willis Texas. It's not that bad. They have been upgrading their facilities for the last couple of years. They do need to repave a lot of the roads. They do a nice job with holiday activities as we've been there for Halloween (which they put on a decent "haunted woods" that my kids really enjoyed), and they have a nice firework show on the fourth. It's not a place we go because of the "camping" draw, but if we want to get away on short notice, it's not bad and our family usually has a good time as there is a lot activities for us to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

MagnoliaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #20

One of the biggest problems has been the changing of corporate owners and how they see things, yes TT was a good thing years ago but as others have said going downhill. They do seem to put a little money into the popular parks, OC they were repairing some of the roads in Orland when I was there this summer, they were just starting the day I left.
Colonial beach is a Outdoor World Park not a TT park so not all members can go there, seems they like to sell the annual sites which is not what the system was originally set up for. As with anything you get what you put into it, we use the system the best we can but really wish things would improve.