Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #191
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 484
I've stayed at three as a non-member guest. Circle M in PA was the nicest and one to which I would return. The others sucked. Was given notice of a two-zone offer (without requiring a home park membership) for a four-year term at $485/yr or $575 for one year. Seems worth it as long as the locations are okay. If I was a member having to pay yearly maintenance somewhere, I'd be pissed.
__________________

__________________
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears;
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #192
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
I've stayed at three as a non-member guest. Circle M in PA was the nicest and one to which I would return. The others sucked. Was given notice of a two-zone offer (without requiring a home park membership) for a four-year term at $485/yr or $575 for one year. Seems worth it as long as the locations are okay. If I was a member having to pay yearly maintenance somewhere, I'd be pissed.
What were the 3 parks where Circle M was the nicest?
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:55 AM   #193
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Never been to Circle M (too close to me I guess) but we do frequent Hershey and Port Republic NJ. While I have seen some sadness at some of the parks I cannot say I hate them.. But I am easy to please, water and power and I am all self contained.

I will say, with their zone system now... I do not know if I'd buy in today.
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #194
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Port Republic is too close to me and mostly for full timers as a pass thru area. I have been to Circle M twice and they were so booked I had to go down by the river, not so nice, muddy, buggy. I don't mind the Zones as long as I get NE and SE maybe MW, but my favorite is Lake and Shore and very hard to get in there, I had to bed for 2 weeks last year and the week of 4th of July this year, 430 sites and all but 75 are full time or seasonal so not many options. I do year to year only with TT right now, have to see what I can get for a renewal this July.


2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:14 PM   #195
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Port Republic is too close to me and mostly for full timers as a pass thru area. I have been to Circle M twice and they were so booked I had to go down by the river, not so nice, muddy, buggy. I don't mind the Zones as long as I get NE and SE maybe MW, but my favorite is Lake and Shore and very hard to get in there, I had to bed for 2 weeks last year and the week of 4th of July this year, 430 sites and all but 75 are full time or seasonal so not many options. I do year to year only with TT right now, have to see what I can get for a renewal this July.


2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
I have not tried the Lake and Shore yet. I have in laws in Absecon so it is convenient.

I do find that TT (at least used to be) geared to the full timers to let them just travel. While we are not FT it does fit our needs. I will say they have been filling up with a lot more of the seasonal stuff so it seems which to me defeats the purpose. I also do not necessarily care... But I also see that they now have "daily" rates for some (or maybe all) the CGs. While I do not really care per se I DID join a members ONLY resort program... LOL

We have never had an issue with getting into the CG. We can book out 180 days or maybe 150 (something like that) in advance.
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #196
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
What were the 3 parks where Circle M was the nicest?
I wasn't going to call them out by name, but what the heck: Winter Park RV Resort in FL, and Williamsburg RV Resort & Camping in VA.
__________________
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #197
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
I wasn't going to call them out by name, but what the heck: Winter Park RV Resort in FL, and Williamsburg RV Resort & Camping in VA.

Winter Park is a Thousand Trails park? It's not on my list of parks to use.

I've heard a lot is being done at Williamsburg to clean it up and level the sites out. But you're right, it's not great.

The beautiful parks are Gettysburg Farms, Hershey, and even their Orlando park is nicer than most.

I'm currently at Sea Pines at the southern Jersey shore. It's not bad but prone to flooding when it rains moderately hard. The whole area is like this, not just this park.

I also like Lake and Shore for the amenities (water park + pool) but I've never stayed there.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #198
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
The Williamsburg one is an Outdoor World if I remember right?

We stayed there a few times, I will agree it is tight and the sights were not that level. But it was there to be a crash pad, we were not there for their great pool.

I might have to check out Lake and Shore now that TT shut down both PA water parks, not sure why but who knows..
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:09 PM   #199
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 484
I got to Winter Park and Williamsburg thru thousandtrails.com, using an Encore/Thousand Trails 14 days free pass. I thought they were one and the same, so perhaps I've been unfair to TT. Regardless, I'm going to use up the pass and maybe sign up without buying a membership.
__________________
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears;
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 PM   #200
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
The Williamsburg one is an Outdoor World if I remember right?

We stayed there a few times, I will agree it is tight and the sights were not that level. But it was there to be a crash pad, we were not there for their great pool.

I might have to check out Lake and Shore now that TT shut down both PA water parks, not sure why but who knows..

They would have to invest a lot of $ to meet the new state and federal standards, so cheaper to shut them down then spend all that $ to fix them.

Lake and Shore is Great but hard to book


2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.