Old 09-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #31

when I asked, there are different "types" of memberships that allow you to stay at your home park as a permanent location.
I could however, be mistaken.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #32
Mod free 5er

After buying a membership and upgrading to Platinum Plus in 06, I would not do it again for what you get. Neglecting the initial cost, the $526/yr maintenance fee makes it worthwhile as this year it averages out to approx. $8.77/night which is very reasonable. All fees considered to date for us add up to just under $29/night. Every year, that number will decrease the longer we stay members. Is it a good deal? Not in my book, but we'll live with it. No sense crying over spilled milk.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #33
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
After scanning through this thread I've got a question. How can there be permanent sites? When I looked into TT before they stated you could only be on a site for 2 weeks.
My understanding is you can pay a yearly fee over and above your yearly membership fee to keep a site the entire year and renew it every year.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #34
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
My understanding is you can pay a yearly fee over and above your yearly membership fee to keep a site the entire year and renew it every year.
Correct. My sister did it at Gettysburg Farm for a few years.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #35
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
After buying a membership and upgrading to Platinum Plus in 06, I would not do it again for what you get. Neglecting the initial cost, the $526/yr maintenance fee makes it worthwhile as this year it averages out to approx. $8.77/night which is very reasonable.
I got lucky, my initial cost was free for a national membership. I don't have the Elite perks, though I'm considering it for the park-to-park ability.

I haven't averaged my nightly costs for TT parks, but including TT and non-TT parks, I'm able to keep my average nightly cost at under $20/night which isn't bad because most times when I pay for camping it is $30-75/night depending on where we're at.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #36

Interesting History lesson on Thousand Trails

This has been an interesting thread with many confirming our experience with TT; it is sad to see a company that apparently once was a premier RV park abandon their business model when acquired by another company. The TT park at Lake Texoma COULD be an excellent park if it received a massive transfusion of funding to fix (read: replace) the roads and put up some road signs helping new arrivals find the correct area. The pools and clubhouse areas all appeared to be in very good condition and were being used, but we did not try them out as we had guests at the camp. Also a previous post mentioning the daunting task of finding your own site with 50A service could have been turned into a positive if one of the 4 "Rangers" sitting in the check in station would have suggested that you park your rig and get into one of the (three) golf carts parked outside and they would take you to look for a site. That would have been a big customer service plus, especially on those roads. I emailed TT on Friday, and while their automated response said someone would respond within one business day, I may yet receive something today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140901_121215 sml.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	62390  
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #37
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Also a previous post mentioning the daunting task of finding your own site with 50A service could have been turned into a positive if one of the 4 "Rangers" sitting in the check in station would have suggested that you park your rig and get into one of the (three) golf carts parked outside and they would take you to look for a site. That would have been a big customer service plus, especially on those roads. I emailed TT on Friday, and while their automated response said someone would respond within one business day, I may yet receive something today.
Interestingly enough- that is how it works at Diamond Caverns and Harborview. They take you around on a golf cart to help you find a site.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #38
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Interestingly enough- that is how it works at Diamond Caverns and Harborview. They take you around on a golf cart to help you find a site.
That would be nice @ all TT parks, but I always get the excuse "The budget has been cut and we are short of staff" even tho' there are 3 or 4 folks sitting on their duffs at check in doing nothing. Orlando use to man the gate, but not anymore. Orlando check is a nightmare for 1st timers. Now that we've stayed there for 8 yrs, we pretty much know which sites in what area we want.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #39
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
That would be nice @ all TT parks, but I always get the excuse "The budget has been cut and we are short of staff" even tho' there are 3 or 4 folks sitting on their duffs at check in doing nothing. Orlando use to man the gate, but not anymore. Orlando check is a nightmare for 1st timers. Now that we've stayed there for 8 yrs, we pretty much know which sites in what area we want.
I agree that it would be nice.

No kidding about Orlando. I only knew that I wanted the "D" section from something that I read online (about it being more tree coverage than others).

Though for 2 of our 3 check-ins, we did not end up in the site that we original requested. We just call up after getting backed in to change and it hasn't been a problem. (Though, I did read there can be issues with that during their busy season.)
Old 09-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #40
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I agree that it would be nice.

No kidding about Orlando. I only knew that I wanted the "D" section from something that I read online (about it being more tree coverage than others).

Though for 2 of our 3 check-ins, we did not end up in the site that we original requested. We just call up after getting backed in to change and it hasn't been a problem. (Though, I did read there can be issues with that during their busy season.)
We prefer E, F or G