Old 09-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Interestingly enough- that is how it works at Diamond Caverns and Harborview. They take you around on a golf cart to help you find a site.
That would be really nice - I have no problem looking for a site if it's daylight or if there are many open, but we specifically asked in Seaside if there were any on the 50 amp side, they said "oh yeah, plenty" and there weren't any that were long enough that weren't "reserved" for the full timers. It was just not what I wanted to spend my time doing after working all day, then a 2 hour drive to the park we'd never been too before - if they had said "no" we would've stayed on the checkin side, where there were many spaces available (and where we ended up)

And I agree, most of the people were sitting around doing nothing when we were there.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #42

We have a free membership when we got our TT in July in the next few weeks we will be using it in NJ and PA, I just hope it is worth it but I have not heard good things, it is a good thing I did not pay for it though but will post back after next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #43

I have been to Sea Pines in NJ, in 2013 called, made reservations for a full service hookup and was told they have one available for my trailer. I made these reservations 1 month in advance. I called the day before we were to go there and said is "MY SITE" I reserves still available and they said yes. I thought that was great. I arrived at 8:30 after a long drive with the wife and 2 kids. When I got to the check in I was handed a map of the CG and was told that a full service site was marked in the color blue. I said, no thanks I made a reservation and gave them the reservation # and was told that the reservation are only on a first come basis. I was mad, but they had me......in the dark I had to drive, and then walk to every full service site to find one that was empty. After 45 minutes, I found one, now came the hard part, they have trees EVERYWHERE, which is nice if you have a tent or pop up, but was hard to squeeze in my 28ft TT. Once in I encountered no more problems. It was a bit more run down than expected but we were close to the beach and the CG has a nice big cedar lake to swim and fish in. When I went there this past Memorial Day, I got there on Thursday night and had my choice of spots and was pleasantly surprised that they refurbished the swimming pool and clubhouse area.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #44
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
We have a free membership when we got our TT in July in the next few weeks we will be using it in NJ and PA, I just hope it is worth it but I have not heard good things, it is a good thing I did not pay for it though but will post back after next weekend.
Oh, you paid for it, just not visibly.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #45

I was told that a lot of peeps fell on hard times when the economy fell..and all peeps had left or could afford was a TT and rent on a site in a campground. It worked out for the campgrounds because "camping" was dying out. Familys didn't spend time together like they use to do. Anyway, it has became an affordable way for family's to hang out and have a getaway without flying or driving forever with gas prices....u buy a camper,rent a yearly site, build a porch and shed for your golf cart and BAM!!!!!!.....permanent resident.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #46
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa11y757 View Post
I was told that a lot of peeps fell on hard times when the economy fell..and all peeps had left or could afford was a TT and rent on a site in a campground. It worked out for the campgrounds because "camping" was dying out. Familys didn't spend time together like they use to do. Anyway, it has became an affordable way for family's to hang out and have a getaway without flying or driving forever with gas prices....u buy a camper,rent a yearly site, build a porch and shed for your golf cart and BAM!!!!!!.....permanent resident.

Yeah, that doesn't work for us up north where the campgrounds close by the end of September/early October and then don't open again until the end of May.

With only a 4 month camping window we'd be homeless the other 8 months.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #47

I am at Pa Dutch right now for the Hershey RV show and at check in the manager was kind enough and drove me around to look for a site, I said I was going to just walk but was glad for the ride. I tow with a full size Kenworth with a Smart car on the deck with a 39' Cedar Creek 5th wheel so it made it much easier to find a site.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #48

Here is a pic from our cabin at Hershey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	62432  
Old 09-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #49

Here's second picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	366.6 KB
ID:	62433  
Old 09-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #50

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Thats sure a nice looking site/cabin, but from what I've read, the fact that those cabins exist at all is part of the problem. For the long time members that means one less RV site to choose from (and usually a premium one at that).

As a newcomer, I feel bad for those who didn't get what they thought they were paying for. We bought an experimental 1y membership a few weeks ago. We only did so because we had already paid for a full week as non-members and they offered to deduct that cost from the already "sale price". This meant we got 1y for about $200. We plan to use it as much as we can this next year, but I do not expect to renew next year...partly due to the things I've learned since then, but mostly because I prefer the freedom to pick and choose the "best" CG in any given area we plan to travel to.

Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote