Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Had Northeast last year and will not be renewing. The year was free from the dealership that we bought our fifth wheel from. None of the sites we contacted could guarantee a FH with 50 amps. All they could say was that we would get a site with water and sewage 30 or if available 50 amp site. Not impressed with any of the reviews we read on the sites we were interested in.

Got mine free with my trailer however would never pay for it, I have used 9 of 30 days and they constantly call to get me to buy more and upgrade but I will not be paying to upgrade prefer to visit CG's we like and will pay for the 20-30 days we camp per Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
Had Northeast last year and will not be renewing. The year was free from the dealership that we bought our fifth wheel from. None of the sites we contacted could guarantee a FH with 50 amps. All they could say was that we would get a site with water and sewage 30 or if available 50 amp site. Not impressed with any of the reviews we read on the sites we were interested in.
Here's a dumb question for ya. I know that they have dog bones for 30 to 50, so I assume they have one for 50 to 30? How do you handle a 50 amp TT with 30 amps. Just run 1 A/C and the rest is the same? Always wondered that?.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Here's a dumb question for ya. I know that they have dog bones for 30 to 50, so I assume they have one for 50 to 30? How do you handle a 50 amp TT with 30 amps. Just run 1 A/C and the rest is the same? Always wondered that?.....
Yes to 50 to 30, and yep, you just don't turn everything on. I flipped back and forth between which AC unit I had on, depending on where it was getting warm. We also put some bath towels (that I use as room darkening window coverings ) up to keep the heat out of the back bedroom once we had it cooled off.

I also have a tower fan that I run sometimes to move the air from the front to the back when we only have 30 amp.

Good question though!
Garren
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Yes to the 50 to 30 adapter for the cord. One A/C and when using other high energy usage items, we turn off the A/C. It don't take long to figure out what not to use together when your only plugged into a 30 amp power supply. Seldom do we do just the 30 amps parks, but will have a lot of practice next year when we do a camping host stint in a State Park with only 30 amp service.
Attached Files
File Type: docx 12 Volt System.docx (71.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: docx 120 Volt System.docx (48.4 KB, 33 views)
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #105
Mod free 5er

Latest news from Orlando TT. Looks like the same thing as last year and the year before is continuing this year with all their improvements.

From: orlando@equitylifestyle.com [mailtorlando@equitylifestyle.com]
Sent: 16 October, 2014 2:20 PM
To:
Subject: Thousand Trails of Orlando - Water Shutoff/Boil Water Notice for October 20th, 2014

17 October 2014

PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER NOTICE

TO: Thousand Trails ORLANDO Residents and Visitors

A LOSS OF WATER PRESSURE WILL BE EXPERIENCED AT 10:00 AM, MONDAY, 20 OCTOBER 2014 DUE TO A WATER MAIN REPAIR. THE WATER SYSTEM SHOULD BE BACK IN SERVICE BY 12:00 PM, 20 OCT 2014.

THEREFORE, AS A PRECAUTION, WE ADVISE THAT ALL WATER USED FOR DRINKING, COOKING, MAKING ICE, BRUSHING TEETH, OR WASHING DISHES BE BOILED. A ROLLING BOIL OF ONE MINUTE IS SUFFICIENT. AS AN ALTERNATIVE BOTTLED WATER MAY BE USED.

THIS “PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER NOTICE” WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN CORRECTED AND A BACTERIOLOGICAL SURVEY SHOWS THAT
THE WATER IS SAFE TO DRINK.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY CONTACT OUR STAFF AT 352-394-7575.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #106

They were repairing a water main back in July when we were there, all the way back by the lake, the very last road.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #107
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
They were repairing a water main back in July when we were there, all the way back by the lake, the very last road.
They've been repairing broken water mains for the last 2 years. They repair one place and in a week or two, it breaks somewhere else. According to the plumber we talked to last Jan, they know the whole main line needs to be replaced, but won't spend the money. They would rather piecemeal it with patches.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
They've been repairing broken water mains for the last 2 years. They repair one place and in a week or two, it breaks somewhere else. According to the plumber we talked to last Jan, they know the whole main line needs to be replaced, but won't spend the money. They would rather piecemeal it with patches.

Must be the same at Circle M in Lancaster we had no water for 8 hours one day while they did repairs

Old 10-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The worst thing about it in the long run it will probably cost them more then if they did it right in the first time.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #110

Right now at Timothy Lake South and would like to say that this is a Outdoor World park and is the nicest one I have been at so far, nice wide streets a lot of site choices( although they could be wider) great staff and very well kept. Maybe this staff should give others TT parks lessons an how to run a campground. Beautiful area and quiet so quiet you could hear a cricket fart, as said by a friend.
This park is located near the De. Water Gap in the Poconos in Pa for any of you that might be interested
Old 10-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #111

dblr...at last..a good report! Looks like there are 2 parks there...north and south. Have you checked out North too??...looks more kids oriented.
Thanks for the tip!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #112
Who Dares, Wins

We had just stayed at the north for labor day. I thought it was nice. The only thing I did not like is lots of kids running loose with no parents supervision. We were along the tree line so we were secluded and had great neighbors. Water park was ok. The one thing that I did not like, I guess as well, was it was hard to figure out where to go when we pulled up. Had a few signs for check in but they were for a closed off building. Up the hill was the pull off but nothing saying where to go from there.. maybe I was just tired from the drive

Of coarse now is not the time to wander into the woods, they are in those woods looking for a guy who shot and killed a trooper and wounded another. He's been hiding in those woods for about a month now.... Glad I pack my little friend.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #113

Heh,,thanks for that report. "That's what friends are for!"
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
dblr...at last..a good report! Looks like there are 2 parks there...north and south. Have you checked out North too??...looks more kids oriented.
Thanks for the tip!
I think north has more rental units so we prefer south, either one you stay at is fine and you can go to north if you stay at south and use the waterpark and join the activities.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #115
Who Dares, Wins

Does south have full hookups or just water and electric? Seemed more "rustic" than north... at least from the road.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #116

Lots of full hook up sites pay for cable & wifi if wanted
Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #117
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Lots of full hook up sites pay for cable & wifi if wanted
Roger that. Thanks.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 10-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #118

I spent most of September on the Oregon coast this year and had the opportunity to visit friends camped at two different TT parks there. The roads were awful and the sites very unlevel.

Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #119

Thousand Trails

When we joined TT many years ago, it was marketed as an exclusive, highly secure and restricted access time-share type program. You were only allowed two weeks in any certain area, and all were supposed tone upscale. There was also NO rentals to non-members.
Of course the marketing model, wasn't self-sustaining, and sooner or later they had to open to outside rentals.
I sold my membership many years ago, since the annual maintenance fees were more than I spent on commercial campgrounds.
I was shocked at the condition of one we stayed at in northern Texas a few years ago.
I cannot see any clear advantage to joining TT nowadays.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #120

Getting more and more frustrated with the TT sites I visit as I use my Membership more and more. Has anyone used TT in Virginia or Florida? Looking on planing trips there next year but concerned the CG are run down and uneven