Old 09-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #61

Yup. Not happy with the northeast zone. Live in NH and closest is Moody Beach in Maine. Was not impressed. The only good part was with our "free" yr with the new trailer we could stay at a couple encore Cg and those were actually better. Gateway to the cape in ma was pretty good and lake george escape in NY was actually awesome. N.E. is just to far spread out and like alot of others have said to many seasonal and most of them had attitudes.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #62

I agree NE Zone too scattered so we are using 30 days for the year and mixing in some other campgrounds to see what we like, we also have a mix of friends with Class A's and travel trailers but they all seem to stay at the same place, too boring for me in mid 40's maybe when I am 60+ but not now

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #63
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I agree NE Zone too scattered so we are using 30 days for the year and mixing in some other campgrounds to see what we like, we also have a mix of friends with Class A's and travel trailers but they all seem to stay at the same place, too boring for me in mid 40's maybe when I am 60+ but not now

TT Orlando with over 800 sites has the full gamut from newly weds thru the 80's with kids and grandkids. They even have a family pool and an adults only pool. We stay in the sites usually far enough away from the pools, etc we are not bothered by the noise.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #64

Wink Old 60+ RVers...egad, that's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post

Hey now Wicked1! I am 66, not allowed to discuss DW and age , but we would be bored with one place all the time! Rarely do we go back to the same campground except when we are only getting away for the weekend or staying close to the home of our children and grandchildren. That way they can come out and visit for the day. Otherwise it is go and see and enjoy!

LOL, I know what you meant. We just like to travel and next year DW retires so we can do that a LOT. I am going to keep working but can do that from the TT on my laptop. LOVE getting SS and still getting paid full time!
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Hey now Wicked1! I am 66, not allowed to discuss DW and age , but we would be bored with one place all the time! Rarely do we go back to the same campground except when we are only getting away for the weekend or staying close to the home of our children and grandchildren. That way they can come out and visit for the day. Otherwise it is go and see and enjoy!

LOL, I know what you meant. We just like to travel and next year DW retires so we can do that a LOT. I am going to keep working but can do that from the TT on my laptop. LOVE getting SS and still getting paid full time!

Lol I hear you, I am in IT and could take my trailer anywhere for months at a time and travel Xcross Country but the girlfriend has a 12 year old daughter my boys are 21 and 19.

I just bought a 2012 Shasta Revere 27RLSS my first one. I love it but got the itch for a 29 PR Crusader have to say 5er's tow better than TT my neighbor let me drive is 5er what a difference. Well we will enjoy it for now and who knows what will happen at the next RV Show...lol. Enjoy your trips and Happy Camping

Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #66

Got my TT southeast zone 1 year free membership with the purchase of my unit from the dealer. Payed moderately discounted rate at Sea Pines in NJ...which was a disappointment. Headed out to Lake Gaston NC this week to try camping in my own zone. Will comment on that upon return.
Southeast has 23 campgrounds and a good geographical spread including several within a long week ends drivability for us. I don't think we'd lose money on the deal if we bought it ourselves...so the big question for us is what condition the parks are in and how will we like them. One thing I really don't like is the inabiity to book a specific slot even as a member. So...we shall see. Wouldn't have spent my own money on this at this stage of ownership...but I'll sure know whether it is right for us by the end of the year!
Passport America membership seems a lot more beneficial if you don't HAVE to camp on weekends and can take advantage of the non weekend offers. We paid for our membership with our first booking. Plus you can use it all over.
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #67

Camaraderie, that's what we have been doing this yr to. Checking out the different grounds to see what is offered but up here in New England I'm sad to say they don't offer much. Nicest park we have been to was Lake George Escape but that's New York and I think it's encore. Moody Beach in Maine will never be visited by me again and that's the closest one
Old 09-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #68

Well we are in Chestnut Lake in NJ which is part or the Northeast Zone and we will not be returning, very plain and not much to offer it's campers even though we had our choice of 10 uneven sites, also no fire rings and all tables are broken and rotted.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #69

Sorry to hear this wicked1. Try and enjoy
Old 09-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #70

Sounds awesome........... Not! Hey camaraderie, I would very much like to hear how your Gaston trip goes. That is close to us and have thought many time of going.