Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #161

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
I received that call here in Oregon a week or two ago. I declined...nicely at first. She wouldn't take no for an answer, so I did tell her that I would be glad to look over the information in a brochure or whatever if she could mail me one. She said "Unfortunately we don't have a brochure with this information"....I replied "well then unfortunately I am not going to get this information" and hung up. She was quite the fast talker. If this phone call was any indication of whats in store for those who meet with them, I most definitely made the right decision.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #162
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Anyone get a call from TT for some sort of sitdown with questions and answers we have one June 1. I told them unless they have some great offer I am not renewing more than I have for 1 year. According to the lady on the phone they are adding sites, so we will see.

I need more than 60 day booking every time we go to book certain sites there are days blacked out, hate this
They are sales pitches. The only way to get longer than 60 days advanced reservations is to upgrade to one of the "bigger" memberships and that's multi-thousands of dollars (or, you can usually save money and buy a resale).
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
They are sales pitches. The only way to get longer than 60 days advanced reservations is to upgrade to one of the "bigger" memberships and that's multi-thousands of dollars (or, you can usually save money and buy a resale).

Yeah well that's not going to happen because they start at $2,995 and go to $5,000 but I was thinking of a resale but folks are trying to get too much and I don't want to pay the $800 transfer fee

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
I received that call here in Oregon a week or two ago. I declined...nicely at first. She wouldn't take no for an answer, so I did tell her that I would be glad to look over the information in a brochure or whatever if she could mail me one. She said "Unfortunately we don't have a brochure with this information"....I replied "well then unfortunately I am not going to get this information" and hung up. She was quite the fast talker. If this phone call was any indication of whats in store for those who meet with them, I most definitely made the right decision.
I think she called me right after you. I asked if she could email me the "great news" and was told that there are too many member to email and meeting everyone at the hotel was the most efficient way of spreading the "news? Wow, who knew that driving 60 minutes and sitting around a with hundreads of other people was more efficient than email???
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #165

I had a similar conversation. Reminded me of the scam timeshare sales pitch
fr1rd831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #166
Always Learning

Quote:
Yeah well that's not going to happen because they start at $2,995 and go to $5,000 but I was thinking of a resale but folks are trying to get too much and I don't want to pay the $800 transfer fee

If you watch, there are more than a few people who just want out of their contract- as long as you pay the transfer fee, they don't want much for the membership.

There is a "Good, Bad, and the Ugly of Thousand Trails" or something Facebook group. I see them on there periodically.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:46 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
I think she called me right after you. I asked if she could email me the "great news" and was told that there are too many member to email and meeting everyone at the hotel was the most efficient way of spreading the "news? Wow, who knew that driving 60 minutes and sitting around a with hundreads of other people was more efficient than email???

Those calls are from another company selling thousand trails memberships I was in the sales office at a thousand trails park when one of the calls happened I handed my phone to the sales guy he went off on the person on the other end
Most of the time when I get those calls I just tell them if this is so important why are the sales people in the park not telling us about it. There hoping some people are dumb enough to resign new paper work for a new contract mainly on the new elite memberships after 30 or 60 days they charge 3.00 a night it's just another way for the parent company ELS to make more money

iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:57 AM   #168

Quote:
If you watch, there are more than a few people who just want out of their contract- as long as you pay the transfer fee, they don't want much for the membership.

There is a "Good, Bad, and the Ugly of Thousand Trails" or something Facebook group. I see them on there periodically.

I would only buy an Outdoor World Elite, TT has too many restrictions and I am trying a few more parks before mine is up in July

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #169

Anyone ever stay at the Williamsburg VA Thousand Trails, thinking of going there next year?

2016 F350 SCREW SB 6.7 PS Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 AM   #170

Didn't stay there but drove & walked through and checked the facilities last year. Many seasonal campers & not a lot of good level sites for transients. Facilities were OK but tired looking but if you are a TT member, the price is right. The park is a ways from town so you need to drive to get to anything.
If you are NOT a TT member...Anvil Campground is much better IMO but you have to put up with the trains going through 4 or 5 times a day...shuttle bus stops at their gate and covers all of downtown and the attractions which make them very convenient. Good people and nice shaded sites.
Hope this helps! Williamsburg is nice to visit with history, shopping & food galore!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #171

Thanks I will look into other sites as well but I do have a Yearly TT membership not buying a long term as they keep changing their memberships and who needs to pay $10,000 for a restricted membership, rather do year to year bc we camp outside TT

Old 04-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #172
Who Dares, Wins

We have stayed there before, I think it is an Outdoor World technically, I thought it was fine. The site we had was smaller and the roads are tight but I had zero complaints. We'd stay there again. I do not mind the right in the middle of everything, it lets it be a bit quieter.

I agree, with the way they seem to keep changing things and their pricing structure I would not do the TT. We got in way back when they were actually TT and we made out in the deal when the new company bought them out.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #173
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Didn't stay there but drove & walked through and checked the facilities last year. Many seasonal campers & not a lot of good level sites for transients. Facilities were OK but tired looking but if you are a TT member, the price is right. The park is a ways from town so you need to drive to get to anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
We have stayed there before, I think it is an Outdoor World technically, I thought it was fine. The site we had was smaller and the roads are tight but I had zero complaints. We'd stay there again. I do not mind the right in the middle of everything, it lets it be a bit quieter.
I stayed there a few years back. I think it the above 2 assessments are pretty good. Rumor has it on the Good/Bad/Ugly TT Facebook page is that they're trying to level out more sites. I don't know as I haven't been back in a while.

Quote:
Thanks I will look into other sites as well but I do have a Yearly TT membership not buying a long term as they keep changing their memberships and who needs to pay $10,000 for a restricted membership, rather do year to year bc we camp outside TT
I didn't pay anywhere near $10k.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #174
Who Dares, Wins

No we did not pay nearly that either. We actually only bought the "half the US" when we joined in 2005 / 2006. We only had a popup so I figured we would never go beyond the Mississippi (ha! remembered how to spell that one without auto correct!!). We also did not have the money to do all the US either at the time.

When they did the ELS buyout we were upgraded to the whole US, OW, and Encore without any extra charges. We also still got to keep our lifetime membership, 3 free transfers and locked in dues. I think we got in at the right time.

From what I hear now it is $10k for a region, only good for 15 years?? No thanks.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #175
Always Learning

Quote:
From what I hear now it is $10k for a region, only good for 15 years?? No thanks.
I have a handful of friends who recently upgraded and I'm positive that none of them paid $10k. Though, nearly all of them bought resales. I'm the only one who upgraded directly with TT and that price was nowhere near $10k.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #176
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
I have a handful of friends who recently upgraded and I'm positive that none of them paid $10k. Though, nearly all of them bought resales. I'm the only one who upgraded directly with TT and that price was nowhere near $10k.
Ours was 5 or 6K if I remember. I do not know anyone who has bought resale. A friend of the DW bought a new membership when they purchased a TT last year. I do not know what he paid but they are having issues because they changed their zone (??) and when they went to switch back were told they could not change zones.. Mind you they did already change zones. Again, two sides to every story.. So who knows.

I am glad to see they are starting to fix them up a bit. Many of them do seem to be VERY tired and run down looking.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #177

Quote:
X2 what Doug says. We have been researching a TT membership and the aftermarket resale for an Elite top tier (when available) goes for @ $6K
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #178

Quote:
No we did not pay nearly that either. We actually only bought the "half the US" when we joined in 2005 / 2006. We only had a popup so I figured we would never go beyond the Mississippi (ha! remembered how to spell that one without auto correct!!). We also did not have the money to do all the US either at the time.

When they did the ELS buyout we were upgraded to the whole US, OW, and Encore without any extra charges. We also still got to keep our lifetime membership, 3 free transfers and locked in dues. I think we got in at the right time.

They told me $10K all zones but you can only book 120 days in advance and when your up against Outdoor World folks who have no restrictions it is a hard sell. Right now we only do East Coast so 2 Zones 30 nights is fine but we get screwed bc we only have a 60 day window, and most of the good ones get booked out before we can book them.

The other reason I won't join full time is they are filling up most places with seasonal, so it reduces the transient spots and they usually do not have decent ones left.

They should add basic memberships and make upgrades an added cost bc if I book a year in advance, get say 60 days a year I would not mind joining, but they are all about the seasonal campers bc it is $$$ in their pockets no matter what, so I will stick to year to year bc at $10.00-$18.50 per night for 30 nights it is worth it bc I usually do some trips outside TT.

They change their policy monthly and yearly and for that reason I will not join a long term membership!

Old 04-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #179
Always Learning

Quote:
Ours was 5 or 6K if I remember. I do not know anyone who has bought resale. A friend of the DW bought a new membership when they purchased a TT last year. I do not know what he paid but they are having issues because they changed their zone (??) and when they went to switch back were told they could not change zones.. Mind you they did already change zones. Again, two sides to every story.. So who knows.

I am glad to see they are starting to fix them up a bit. Many of them do seem to be VERY tired and run down looking.
My understanding is that within 1 year for a zone, you can only change zones once. (At least that's what my zone carrying friends say- I've got a national membership which sounds a whole lot like yours.)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #180
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
They told me $10K all zones but you can only book 120 days in advance and when your up against Outdoor World folks who have no restrictions it is a hard sell. Right now we only do East Coast so 2 Zones 30 nights is fine but we get screwed bc we only have a 60 day window, and most of the good ones get booked out before we can book them.

The other reason I won't join full time is they are filling up most places with seasonal, so it reduces the transient spots and they usually do not have decent ones left.

They should add basic memberships and make upgrades an added cost bc if I book a year in advance, get say 60 days a year I would not mind joining, but they are all about the seasonal campers bc it is $$$ in their pockets no matter what, so I will stick to year to year bc at $10.00-$18.50 per night for 30 nights it is worth it bc I usually do some trips outside TT.

They change their policy monthly and yearly and for that reason I will not join a long term membership!

When we signed on that is how it seemed to be... Buy in then for upgrade fees you could add things. That seems to have ended or has been limited I guess. We have the 120 day restriction (I think it is 120) and we have never had an issue. They did recently add a holiday restriction though, that keeps us (at least) from booking more than one holiday at a time. again, we just work around it and even then have never been denied a spot. I will agree that the cabins and the people who look like they live there has seemed to increase.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB