Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #141
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonClark View Post
Def don't like the first come first served as well as the 30 day booking window. We re upped for 1 more yr but had them throw in all the encore parks. But same thing as far as 30 day booking. Will use the heck out of it but did book one trip to ny that I'm paying full price for at an encore park just so I have a good site after an 8 hr drive
Don't know of any cg that are not first come, first served. Just because you have reservations, doesn't preclude the cg from using 1st come 1st served. But I do agree that TT is on a rapid downhill grade and picking up speed.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #142

The ones I book give you a choice of sites they have on their map unless they are restricted, like can't get a site for my TT when they are reserved for Class A types but never have a problem when I pay for the site just issues with Thousand Trails 😨
Old 04-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #143

Anyone else been offered the 2 zone camping pass for like $425.00 per yr with a 4 year commitment? They offered me 2 zones with no $795 charge that is like $14 per night camping?

2014 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB 3.5

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 AM   #144

This is only our 2nd yr so we signed up for this yr but will not do it again. The TT around me take your reservation and when you sign in they tell you to drive around the park and pick whatever site you want, minus some restricted for 50 amp...which are the nicest. So it's a crap shoot as to what you get. Loophole is I tell them my tt is set up as a 50 amp and I use my adapter.
JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
We just camped the Labor Day weekend at the Lake Texoma Preserve park in Gordonville, TX. One of the Thousand Trails membership parks. To say we were disappointed would be a huge understatement in that all the literature looks like these are beautifully landscaped and maintained parks. They obviously didn't take publicity photos at this one. The roads are the worst that we have come across since...well, forever. The 5 MPH speed limit signs are unnecessary as you cannot safely travel any faster than that and control your vehicle. And we ended up camping behind a "permanent" resident that had piles of crap, fishing traps, and an old refrigerator stacked behind their trailer, which is what we saw when we looked out our front door. Nice. They were not the exception, it was rather common throughout the park.

Anyone else have experience with the Thousand Trails membership campground? Anywhere in Texas? Were they better or the same?
A couple years back, we traveled 1500 miles from California to the Lake Texoma "RV resort and marina" to visit with a large contingent of now retired fellow employees. A few non RVer's in our group stayed at the resort and we thought this would be perfect to accomodate all. We were dismayed when we arrived to find exactly what you just described. Once we finally got parked with no bent axles, the campground was basically neglected junk. Literature does not always tell the whole story we have found.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #146

Send a message via Skype™ to chuckw5kav
The DW and I have stayed at a couple of TT here in
the Northwest section, one in Oregon and one in
Washington State. The one in Oregon was not bad
but the one is Washington was OK but lots of sites in
the back of the park covered over by overgrowth and
two sections were closed with old trailers parked that
were junk in-between the overgrowth.

I have to say we are not TT members, but I do not
seeing buying one if they are not into keeping the
properties up. If I was the CEO of TT I think I'd be
pretty put out coming to a TT campgrounds and
seeing overgrowth, junk trailers, non clean showers
and restrooms

Maybe the CEO need to go undercover and stay at a
number of the TT campgrounds and see what up and
why people are not renewing or joining TT But I am
sure the upper management and CEO have no clue and
really do what to know unless they start loosing tons
of money and then they will blame everyone but
themselves
W5KAV
Last years Camping 125 days
This years Camping 150 an still going
chuckw5kav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #147

We received a TT 1 zone membership when we purchased our MH last year - we used it a few times, and while the closest park is not awesome, the location is good and it's only about 70 miles away, so it's a simple drive. Based upon the $545 price, I wasn't interested in renewing....figuring we could pay for nights if we wanted to stay at the closer park. Yesterday we got the renewal form, and it's $299. At this price, I might be interested, but I'm still on the fence. It says "call today and you'll receive a special bonus worth $795!) I wonder if that's a 2nd zone?
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #148

Have they added many parks over the years? A friend of mine has the top of the line Outdoor World package with no restrictions but can't buy this one anymore

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 04-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
We received a TT 1 zone membership when we purchased our MH last year - we used it a few times, and while the closest park is not awesome, the location is good and it's only about 70 miles away, so it's a simple drive. Based upon the $545 price, I wasn't interested in renewing....figuring we could pay for nights if we wanted to stay at the closer park. Yesterday we got the renewal form, and it's $299. At this price, I might be interested, but I'm still on the fence. It says "call today and you'll receive a special bonus worth $795!) I wonder if that's a 2nd zone?
We got our 2nd yr renewal and we got the price down I think closer to 200 and they gave us a second zone and then we told them we wanted the ready camp go card which gives you all encore parks nationwide for $20 a night. Not renewing at full price next yr but this was a good deal for is
Old 04-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #150

Quote:
We got our 2nd yr renewal and we got the price down I think closer to 200 and they gave us a second zone and then we told them we wanted the ready camp go card which gives you all encore parks nationwide for $20 a night. Not renewing at full price next yr but this was a good deal for is
Ah, so you called and negotiated it down? May have to try that. $200 is what I'm really willing to pay.

Don't care too much about the 2nd zone or even the Encore parks, as we aren't taking any trips outside of our zone this summer. But hey, it's free, right?
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #151

Yup. We really didn't need the 2nd zone, encore we might use but just wanted to see how much they were willing to give.lol. good luck and enjoy the season
Old 04-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #152

I did not need a second zone but they won't discount the one Zone and want to lock me in to a 4 year agreement with 2 zones for a set amount each year, still not sure what sort of a deal that is?

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #153

Not to Double Post but just camped Friday to Sunday at Timothy Lake South, nice campground will be going back up for a week next year and in the fall for some festivals. So far even off season one of the top 5 NE ones I have gone too, drove up to TL North but too congested.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS
2014 (18) Nights Camp'd
2015 (6) Nights Camp'd

Old 05-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Not to Double Post but just camped Friday to Sunday at Timothy Lake South, nice campground will be going back up for a week next year and in the fall for some festivals. So far even off season one of the top 5 NE ones I have gone too, drove up to TL North but too congested
Check into the gas saver special they have in the fall there, we might do that for a few weekends in a row.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Check into the gas saver special they have in the fall there, we might do that for a few weekends in a row.

I am 121 miles away but I Might look into it for a weekend or two

2015 Roo 23IKSS
2014 (18) Nights Camp'd
2015 (6) Nights Camp'd

Old 05-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #156

Has anyone gone to one of the Thousand Trails campgrounds in North Carolina? Would you recommend one over the others?

It would be a 6-8 hour drive for us. Not sure the 'free' TT camping would be worth the drive if the campgrounds aren't that great. Our 1 year TT membership came with our trailer, and we've only been to one TT campground so far. That one I'd rate so-so to poor.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #157

Hey Big.... I've done lake Gaston...and it is probably a fair to good.... and I would camp there again for free! Beautiful setting in deep woods on a lake. Friendly folks and decent pool and "beach".
Getting full hookups is tough. Getting a level site is tougher! Wifi is only at the office area but it works fine. TV or getting a Dish signal is impossible in many places due to tree cover...bring DVD's. Bathrooms & showers are in bad need of an update but are NOT totally gross! Provisioning available in the very small town of Littleton about 5 miles away.
Nice quiet park if you want a few days in a lovely setting and like catfish or bass and can tolerate a less than perfect infrastructure.

Hope this helps.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #158

Thousand Trails RV parks

Anyone get a call from TT for some sort of sitdown with questions and answers we have one June 1. I told them unless they have some great offer I am not renewing more than I have for 1 year. According to the lady on the phone they are adding sites, so we will see.

I need more than 60 day booking every time we go to book certain sites there are days blacked out, hate this

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Old 05-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #159

Is the sit down at a campground? They tried that on us last fall when we were camping and I laughed at the $ they wanted for what we get in nh area. Good luck
Old 05-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #160

Quote:
Is the sit down at a campground? They tried that on us last fall when we were camping and I laughed at the $ they wanted for what we get in nh area. Good luck

Hotel, they have a bunch of members invited to a meet and greet to go over new features and pricing etc so we will see on the 1st of June

2015 Roo 23IKSS