Old 03-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #11

and by all means when you see the bison pull off the road . to many morons out there stop in the road backing up traffic for miles . to lazy to pull over only to do it all over again a mile down the road where there will be more bison hanging out and the traffic jam starts all over . well forget it Yellowstone is a traffic jam from the time you enter the park till you leave plan on trips taking twice as long as they would normal driving .

also the bison are very wild and will go after you if you get to close . see bunche of morons walking up to them like their cows . had a few people hurt last yr by the bison

Old 03-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #12

Touring yellowstone.

Grand Prismatic Spring and the 'paint pots' were both very cool.

Whatever you do - Don't be crazy & go after wildlife for a close-up photo. We saw a guy who had a bison backed up against a bunch of bushes, probably 10 ft away and closing in on the poor animal. That didn't turn out well for the photographer!

Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #13

Want to have an experience in Yellowstone you donít hear RVers talking about much? Rent a guided fishing trip on Yellowstone Lake. While itís not a cheap experience, you will in all probabilities catch some Lake Trout that you will have to keep. Not only that, some of the restaurants in Yellowstone will cook your catch and serve it to you.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Want to have an experience in Yellowstone you donít hear RVers talking about much? Rent a guided fishing trip on Yellowstone Lake. While itís not a cheap experience, you will in all probabilities catch some Lake Trout that you will have to keep. Not only that, some of the restaurants in Yellowstone will cook your catch and serve it to you.
X2! Even if you don't like to fish (not sure theses people actually exist, but have heard rumors) take the boat tour of the lake. The chuck wagon ride/meal out of Roosevelt Lodge is "ok", but the kids had fun. A trip over the Beartooth into Red Lodge (have lunch and shop) and back is a great drive with beautiful scenery.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #15

anywhere in Yellowstone where you can get away from the crowds is amazing. (That's why we are going back this summer)

also, when you go to Grand Teton, make sure you take the ferry across Jenny lake and hike to Inspiration point. (Beyond is amazing too)

We saw this little guy on that hike and that's not even the reason i recommended this hike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2216.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	100986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2215.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	480.9 KB
ID:	100987  
Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
X2! Even if you don't like to fish (not sure theses people actually exist, but have heard rumors) take the boat tour of the lake. The chuck wagon ride/meal out of Roosevelt Lodge is "ok", but the kids had fun. A trip over the Beartooth into Red Lodge (have lunch and shop) and back is a great drive with beautiful scenery.
I am one of those guys1 I will take a steak anytime over fish. MY DW knows I will even take a fried egg sandwich over fish any day. The closes to a fish that I will eat are Shrimp.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I am one of those guys1 I will take a steak anytime over fish. MY DW knows I will even take a fried egg sandwich over fish any day. The closes to a fish that I will eat are Shrimp.
There is nothing wrong with a fried egg sandwich!
Old 03-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #18

If you have extra day go east and check out Cody Wyoming there's a campground between it and park