Old 10-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Were back home. Trailer is winterized and I thought we had taken care of most of the lady bugs that got in. When we got back to the storage lot and opened the trailer to empty the fridge, SURPRISE, lady bugs everywhere. Tomorrow Ill go out with a couple of bug foggers to kill all of them.

Attachment 92523
I just read on Facebook that they don't like citrus smells. So if you wipe down your walls with something like lemon pledge, it might help keep them away.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:50 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I just read on Facebook that they don't like citrus smells. So if you wipe down your walls with something like lemon pledge, it might help keep them away.
Or go to Fla.and park under a Orange or Grapefruit Tree! Youroo!!

Old 10-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by actadh View Post
We camp at Greenbrier River Campground in WV. A coal train runs about every hour across the river on the other bank. We think it is cool. That same track runs through the tunnel created by John Henry.
Trains are very cool but not their horns, especially at 2AM. When a train came by traveling south they would sound the first horn blast right behind our trailer. Trains traveling north sounded their horns farther away but they were pointed right at us. I'm going to try to upload a video of a train going north.

TrainHorn.mp4

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #44

Hmmm, I guess that video didn't go. Oh well, SIL.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-24-2015, 08:23 AM   #45
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Thanks for the heads up KyDan. I'm not too worried about an explosion since our trailer will be on the storage lot with the battery disconnected and no shore power. Nothing to spark an explosion.
Vacuuming will get the obvious ladybugs but not the one that are still well hidden.
I've set them off in my tt and never had any issues. Everything disconnected and propane off. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I've set them off in my tt and never had any issues. Everything disconnected and propane off. Later RJD
RR Man,are you sure you didnt throw a RR Flare in your units? After all you have had Several units in a short time! Youroo!!
Old 10-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #47

A little info about camping at Trail of Tears State Park near Jackson, MO. There are two camping areas in the park, the Lake Boutin Campground and the Mississippi River Campground. We were camped at the Mississippi campground.

The Lake Boutin campground has 35 basic campsites only, no electric, no water hookups, and no sewers. There are two potable faucets where you can fill your fresh water tank and there is a dump station. The roads are narrow and the sites are rather short. This campground is perfect for tent campers or those with a small popup who want a real camping experience.

The Mississippi River Campground has 18 reservable sites, 7 of those are full hookup sites and the remainder are electric only. The full hookup sites are very close together and back up to a view of the Mississippi and also a set of railroad tracks. The electric only sites have much better spacing between them and most back up to a woodland view. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table and there is also a community campfire ring. There is potable water available in the campground along with a dump station and a vault toilet. There is a shower house, restroom, and laundry about 2 tenths of a mile from the campsites. There is also a playground and pavilion located next to the showerhouse.

Here's a pic of the electric only sites and the community campfire area in the foreground.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1528 - Copy.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	92803

A view of the spacing between the full hookup sites.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7974 - Copy.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	92804

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #48

To kill the invading lady bugs, I set a bug fogger off in the trailer on Sunday and Tuesday I went out to vacuum up the dead carcasses. While I kill hundreds I was shocked to see how many of the lady bugs were still alive. Wednesday I set off two more bug foggers in the trailer to kill the rest of the little buggers.

As easily as those bugs were able to get inside the living area of the fifth wheel, I have to wonder how many I have, living and dead, in the enclosed underbelly.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 10-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #49

Wait until the LITTLE ONES come out next spring! Youroo!!
Old 11-13-2015, 08:14 PM   #50

We always ran @ Restricted Speed: A speed that will permit stopping within one half the range of vision, short of train, engine, stop signal, derail, switch not properly lined...not exceeding 90mph...