Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
They are just coming into season now, but expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Yep, very expensive this year, due to the abnormal cold. Running around $7.00/lb.

Doesn't slow us down....traditionally DH and I have mudbugs every Friday night for the entire season.

I met/married a Yankee while living in FL, dragged him back here and turned him into a country guy and I'll be danged if he can't eat 5X as many mudbugs as me!

LOL, even Johnny's Pizza (very popular pizzeria in NELA) has a mudbug pizza called "Sweep The Swamp".

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #12

Texas or Louisiana in June would not be something that I would want to do. I live in SE Texas about 40 miles NNE of Houston and it is to hot even in June. Many of us go north anytime from mid-May thru September. I don't know were you are from but if you are landlocked and want the beach, the best Texas has to offer is South Padre Island. There is a very nice KOA right on the water and some very good seafood close by. Next week South Parde Island will be full of spring breakers but after that it should be good, make reservations and have a great trip.

whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #13
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Texas or Louisiana in June would not be something that I would want to do. I live in SE Texas about 40 miles NNE of Houston and it is to hot even in June. Many of us go north anytime from mid-May thru September. I don't know were you are from but if you are landlocked and want the beach, the best Texas has to offer is South Padre Island. There is a very nice KOA right on the water and some very good seafood close by. Next week South Parde Island will be full of spring breakers but after that it should be good, make reservations and have a great trip.
X2 - South Padre Island KOA!
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
We are planning a trip to the south central US this June. I was wondering if there are some "gotta go" camping spots that are kid and camper friendly? We will only have 4 days so I wanted to limit to Texas or Louisiana or I guess Oklahoma. Any thoughts appreciated. Ohhh. The kids are 21, 17, 13, 7 and don't forget the most important one 1. Thank you.
Take a look at Sandpiper RV Resort, literally right on the beach on Galveston Island, Texas. Fairly small resort, so might want to see about reservations if you are interested. Lots to see and do on the island, for all of your kids, including the beach.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #15

Where are you coming from? From the OK/Tx border to South Padre is a 12 hr drive. South Padre is very nice, but if you do not want to burn a lot of time in travel, Galveston Island (State Park) is very nice too.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
Cajun Palms in Henderson, LA. It's on the I10 corridor in "Cajun Country". It's a resort type park with many activities for kids and adults. There are many sights to see in the area.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
I was gonna mention Cajun palms also. Too rowdy for me with all the drinking, noise and crowds, but their pool area is huge and kids can stay in it all day. Check out their website.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #17

Another two places in Galveston are Jamaica Beach RV, across from beach and bay on other side, putt putt golf and movie nites, and Dellanera Rv on the beach. Down the island from the Sandpiper which is small but nice, Jamaica Beach will be the largest. Lots for kids to do in Galveston.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post

Thank you for the info. We have talked about south padre...it's about 13 hours away. It may be the ending location for the kids.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
Another two places in Galveston are Jamaica Beach RV, across from beach and bay on other side, putt putt golf and movie nites, and Dellanera Rv on the beach. Down the island from the Sandpiper which is small but nice, Jamaica Beach will be the largest. Lots for kids to do in Galveston.

Good idea. I will check that out. We talked about Galveston...DW is a little comprehensive about the beach being dirty...or as she was told.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #20
Site Team

If you go to Galveston, eat at Fisherman's Wharf and get an order of Wharf Mix, that has shrimp, crawfish and squid in a seasoned rice. It is great!

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel