Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #1

Warren, Ohio

We are planning a trip from the D/FW area to Warren, Ohio to visit the Packard Museum and would appreciate any suggestions for RV parks in Warren or near by. Our route is not determined yet, but if you have favorite spots to suggest along the general direction, we'd be grateful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
dandsmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:29 AM   #2

Not sure where Warren is, but if you can swing through northern Indiana on your way to or from, there is a lot of automobile history there. Specifically the Auburn/Cord/Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, IN.
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #3

I Guess you are pulling a V-Lite,so you need to drop at C/G for "Some" day Trips? On your way Check out the "Dayton,Ohio Packard Museum" there is a Dayton KOA C/G! A Friend of ours had LOTs of Top Rated Packards and Pace-Arrows,he was the Co-Owner of "Ester Price Candies" in Dayton. Youroo!! I see this was posted on 5/29/16 ,heck they are prob back Home by now?
Old 07-12-2016, 08:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I retire next year and we are heading from Texas on what I have dubbed "The Old Car Tour." My DH has several vintage cars as well as a couple of Packards, so we are going to see the "birth places" of the cars. I believe we will be hitting just about every Antique Auto museum between D/FW and Detroit! Lucky me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
dandsmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:25 AM   #5

Mosquito Lake State Park

Fairly close to the Packard Museum.

Next closest would be Lake Milton, West Branch or Quail Hollow, all state parks within about a half hour of the museum.

If you are there on a Saturday night, check out the summer concert series at the ampitheater right by the museum.

If you are looking for a KOA, their is one just south of Salem, about 45 minutes south. Straight shot to the museum though.
jrminiquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #6

Umm, can I ask how Mosquito Lake SP got its name??????🤔🤔🤔
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrminiquad View Post
Mosquito Lake State Park

Fairly close to the Packard Museum.

Next closest would be Lake Milton, West Branch or Quail Hollow, all state parks within about a half hour of the museum.

If you are there on a Saturday night, check out the summer concert series at the ampitheater right by the museum.

If you are looking for a KOA, their is one just south of Salem, about 45 minutes south. Straight shot to the museum though.
It's called Mosquito Lake for the obvious reason. West Branch is excellent and everything has been updated but good luck getting in. It is almost always full.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio