Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #441
Anacortesians

Maybe next spring to Charbonneau SP near Tri-cities in Eastern WA (one of our favorites) then on to Missoula, Montana to visit #2 grand-daughter at U of M. After that, who knows - no plans right now.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #442

We will be at winton woods Halloween campout October 18-20 with some other frogs and the head frogs!!!! Can't wait any other frogs out there camping at winton woods Halloween campout this month?
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #443

Our next trip won't be till the first weekend of novemeber. We are going to camp at the Texas ren fest
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #444

Was gonna be at Indian Point on Table Rock Lake in Missouri this weekend than @ Mill Creek on same lake in 3 weeks but thanks to the shutdown I probably will just winterize it... Damn worthless politicians.

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #445
phat phrog stunt crew

careful stevengb ... somebody might take offense that you mentioned politicians. most would agree i dare say before it gets edited.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #446

Good Sam Rally at Atlanta Motor Speedway next week. One last trip after that, with our camping club, to Galax Virginia in November.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #447

I apologize if I've offended anyone's sensibilities... I'm just frustrated.

Steve and Michele Bassett
2014 Surveyor Select SV305
2005 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab 6.0 TurboDiesel
stevengb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #448
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevengb View Post
I apologize if I've offended anyone's sensibilities... I'm just frustrated.
No apology needed...we "all" need to express ourselves more in public...camp on!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #449
phat phrog stunt crew

im probably the hardest person to offend you will meet. you are golden here. we are all frustrated.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #450
Anacortesians

We were hoping to have a late September/early October trip somewhere fairly close to home. Unfortunately my clumsiness resulted in an accident that dislocated the middle finger on my left hand after our visitors from Japan went home after Labor Day. I just got the splint off two days ago. and it's still very uncomfortable.

With only one fully-serviceable hand, driving is difficult and setting up/breaking down camp would be nearly impossible. We're headed into winter now, though you wouldn't know it by the beautiful sunny day we had today. Overnight lows are around 40F already, so odd snap freezing lows are a possibility. It's winterisation time before the 19th, I think.

Ah, well, maybe next year, but chances don't look too good for August/Sept. The week of Aug 16-23 contains my sister's 70th birthday, my wife's 70th and our 50th wedding anniversary. Probably sister and brother will come over from the UK for three weeks.

It gets very frustrating to have the MH sitting in the driveway and not being able to use it, except as overflow sleeping accommodations!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #451

Today we are headed to the Smokey's (Pigeon Forge) for our local Good Sam Club chapter campout. It's sad that the park's visitor centers and a lot of the points of interest will be closed up in the mountains, but we are not going to let it rain on our parade... the government can't keep the leaves from changing.

Then next week, on to Atlanta for The Rally.

11 days of fun with friends, WooHoo!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #452

We headed out tomorrow afternoon after school. Headed to North Central PA and will stay at Parker Dam State Park. The area is loaded with elk and this time of year they bugle like crazy.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #453
CLASS "A" Senior Member

This coming Tuesday after work we'll be heading to Talladega Speedway for the Camping World 500. We won the tickets for the Truck & Sprint Cup Races, infield camping pass and a $500 gas card at the VIP Invitation at the new Hanover PA Store. We also be part of the group that will be starting the race with CEO Marcus Lemonis. We'll be watching the Sprint Cup Race from Suite #12.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #454
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
This coming Tuesday after work we'll be heading to Talladega Speedway for the Camping World 500. We won the tickets for the Truck & Sprint Cup Races, infield camping pass and a $500 gas card at the VIP Invitation at the new Hanover PA Store. We also be part of the group that will be starting the race with CEO Marcus Lemonis. We'll be watching the Sprint Cup Race from Suite #12.
Awesome win...have a blast!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Don't you need someone to carry your bags?
I'm available!!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevengb View Post
Was gonna be at Indian Point on Table Rock Lake in Missouri this weekend than @ Mill Creek on same lake in 3 weeks but thanks to the shutdown I probably will just winterize it... Damn worthless politicians.
We stayed at Tablerock SP in June. Nice state park and unaffected by the federal shutdown.

When we all look back on this one day far in the future, it will be but a minor inconvenience and hardly worthy of mention. Much more important things in life when all is said and done. We pray for the country's welfare and that of our grandkids.

Heading out Monday for three days at Lockhart SP TX: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lockhart
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
Then next week, on to Atlanta for The Rally.
C U There! We'll be in our Solera! (With the FRF sticker on the windshield!) Come on by for a fresh cup of joe!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #458

We went to Rusk KOA, Texas two weeks ago and enjoyed it. The park is a small one but very nice. Rode the train from Rusk to Palestine and back was a nice trip. Scratch please let us know how Lockhart SP is when you get back.
eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbell View Post
We went to Rusk KOA, Texas two weeks ago and enjoyed it. The park is a small one but very nice. Rode the train from Rusk to Palestine and back was a nice trip. Scratch please let us know how Lockhart SP is when you get back.
Wouldn't you know it... Rain forcast at 50 to 70% Monday through Wednesday. We scratched the trip this evening and will try to get down there in November. Can't complain about the rain as we need all the wet stuff we can get. We're also in the middle of a family relocation, so we'll replace fun with work next week. We sure were looking forward to this one, but we'll make it up eventually.
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #460

We'll be joining CincyEd and the head FROGs at Winton Woods, as well. Had back surgery last week so I'm REALLY looking forward to getting out. Nice large group of great people. Come on Mother Nature...please play nice! I wanna go NOW!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote