Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #261

Work got in the way last weekend and this coming weekend. Memorial Day weekend from the 23rd till the 27th DW and I will be at 4 mile state park on lake Ontario. Looking forward to getting away for a few days of needed relaxation.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #262

I will be camping at the Gettysburg Battlefield campground on 5/17 - 5/19.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...55-albums.html
NiteNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNoise View Post
I will be camping at the Gettysburg Battlefield campground on 5/17 - 5/19.
Gettysburg is on my bucket list. Which campground are you staying at. I heard that drummer boy campground was good, not sure which other ones are around there.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #264

A rainy, wet, & soggy Memorial Day weekend in Bandera, TX. We've been in a two year drought, so I won't complain about the moisture. Found a break in the clouds on Saturday as we dropped into 'The Cowboy Capital of the World"...

Small, privately-owned campground. Not especially noteworthy other than just $20 per night...

Our site sat about 15' above the Medina River which is quite low due to the extended drought:

We arrived 'downntown' just in time to witness a gunfight between the sheriff and a band of desperados. Poor ole sheriff was gunned down by the no-good hoodlums shortly after this photo was taken:

Lots of western wear shopping opportunities. I escaped with just an 'Old Guys Rule' T-shirt as added weight on the return trip although we probably put on a few pounds in the local BBQ joint:

All in all, we had fun... Planning the next trip already. Late June a two week trip through Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and back...
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #265

Cape May next month for a week at the Beach Comber...Frist time there do not know what to expect.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #266

In 2 weeks we head south for a charity event and cross country quad race!! Then it's off to SD
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #267

Golflover,

I have stayed at Drummer Boy, Gettysburg Campground, Gettysburg Battlefield Campground, and Granite Hill. I had power issues at Granite Hill about 8 yrs ago and I haven't been back.

Gettysburg Cmp was ok, nothing spectacular.

Gettysburg Battlefield Resort was a membership campground (Travel America). I thought the place was boring. The mmebers had first dibs on the sites up near the playground w/full hookups. My 13/14 year olds were not impressed.

Drummer Boy offers two areas to camp. The older section is near the checkin office. The newer section (6yrs) is in the back part of the campground. The sites are larger and it in walking distance to the pool & slides. I would recommend this campground.

Rich

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...55-albums.html
NiteNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #268
Fulltime family RVer

Golflover, If you don't need hookups and are willing to drive a little further from Gettysburg- Pine Grove Furnace State Park is my favorite campground ever. Childhood nostalgia and all.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNoise View Post
Golflover,

I have stayed at Drummer Boy, Gettysburg Campground, Gettysburg Battlefield Campground, and Granite Hill. I had power issues at Granite Hill about 8 yrs ago and I haven't been back.

Gettysburg Cmp was ok, nothing spectacular.

Gettysburg Battlefield Resort was a membership campground (Travel America). I thought the place was boring. The mmebers had first dibs on the sites up near the playground w/full hookups. My 13/14 year olds were not impressed.

Drummer Boy offers two areas to camp. The older section is near the checkin office. The newer section (6yrs) is in the back part of the campground. The sites are larger and it in walking distance to the pool & slides. I would recommend this campground.

Rich
Thanks for the info Rich!!! I had scouted drummer Boy on line and it looked like a good choice. Now I just have to find a spare vacation week from work so I can enjoy it. Being a civil war buff it is on my bucket list. Not sure it is on the DW's llist but she has traveled to a lot of the battle fields with me. She was not really happy when I did Fredricksberg as it was 105 that day....
Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Golflover, If you don't need hookups and are willing to drive a little further from Gettysburg- Pine Grove Furnace State Park is my favorite campground ever. Childhood nostalgia and all.
Thanks, I will check this out also