Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #1

Wyoming

We are going to Guernsey SP soon. Anyone have any experiences with this campground?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Robbsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Wyoming

Stayed at Guernsey S.P. many times and still like it. As for many WYO stateparks they have no hock ups. A dump station and fresh water is at the west entrance. Many campgrounds around this reservoir. If you don't like coal trains stay away from sandy cove and its neighbors. We normally stay at spotted tail. No electricity and no sewer hock up but a central water spigot you can use either with a looong water hose or portable water tanks. No showers but a self composting comfort station across the road. Easy access to very clean water in the reservoir to swim but the water temp is a bit low. A lot to see in the S.P. from CoE buildings and museum to high cliffs. You may hear some artillery firing from the National Guard compound in Guernsey but is is in no way disturbing.
Don't forget to visit register cliff and Oregon trail ruts in Guernsey. Ft. Laramie is just a couple of miles away.

Sent from my iPad
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Robbsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying dutchman View Post
Stayed at Guernsey S.P. many times and still like it. As for many WYO stateparks they have no hock ups. A dump station and fresh water is at the west entrance. Many campgrounds around this reservoir. If you don't like coal trains stay away from sandy cove and its neighbors. We normally stay at spotted tail. No electricity and no sewer hock up but a central water spigot you can use either with a looong water hose or portable water tanks. No showers but a self composting comfort station across the road. Easy access to very clean water in the reservoir to swim but the water temp is a bit low. A lot to see in the S.P. from CoE buildings and museum to high cliffs. You may hear some artillery firing from the National Guard compound in Guernsey but is is in no way disturbing.
Don't forget to visit register cliff and Oregon trail ruts in Guernsey. Ft. Laramie is just a couple of miles away.

Sent from my iPad
I would second these comments. We spent time there this last June and would definitely visit again. Fort Laramie is also worth the visit if you enjoy western history.
lonewolf465 is offline   Reply With Quote