Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Tigger

Cool 2010 Forester Wiring Diagrams

I don't have a "dedicated" dump facility at my home. I do, however, have a capped sewer cleanout pipe in my yard that I can use. Problem is the cleanout pipe is at an elevation higher than the drain for the holding tanks on my Forester so gravity is working against me. I have a Flojet Portable RV Waste Pump w/Macerator that I want to use to pump the gray and black water holding tanks into the cleanout pipe. The most accessable point to wire the pump into thr RV wiring is at the light in the storage compartment below the bedroom on the driver's side. There are 4 wires coming from the bedroom lights to the light in the storage compartment.

Sooo...will someone please help me obtain schmatic wiring diagrams for 2010 Forester or educate me as to how I wire the pump?
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger View Post
I don't have a "dedicated" dump facility at my home. I do, however, have a capped sewer cleanout pipe in my yard that I can use. Problem is the cleanout pipe is at an elevation higher than the drain for the holding tanks on my Forester so gravity is working against me. I have a Flojet Portable RV Waste Pump w/Macerator that I want to use to pump the gray and black water holding tanks into the cleanout pipe. The most accessable point to wire the pump into thr RV wiring is at the light in the storage compartment below the bedroom on the driver's side. There are 4 wires coming from the bedroom lights to the light in the storage compartment.

Sooo...will someone please help me obtain schmatic wiring diagrams for 2010 Forester or educate me as to how I wire the pump?
Sorry to say but wiring diagrams for most motorhomes are few and far between. Your best bet is to call FR directly and inquire but don't be surprised if they say they don't have them.

Depending on how much amperage the pump draws I would be inclined to just run some new wires directly from your batteries to the compartment and wire in a nice switched plug-in for your pump. I am considering doing the same thing with a surplus water pump so that I can transfer grey water to the black tank via the black tank flush system. Water pumps can draw upwards of 14 amps so I am not certain a typical lighting circuit will be fused to handle them.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Mostly lurker

In the 2006 Forester, there is a DC extra circuit available at the converter. I fished a pair of #10 wires from the ground and the extra circuit to a j-box with a DC socket in the compartment below the bed. Put in a 20 amp fuse for that one and use it to power my pump.

Dave
davepcpowernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepcpowernet View Post
In the 2006 Forester, there is a DC extra circuit available at the converter. I fished a pair of #10 wires from the ground and the extra circuit to a j-box with a DC socket in the compartment below the bed. Put in a 20 amp fuse for that one and use it to power my pump.

Dave
Now that's a good way to do it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester