Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2016, 10:38 PM   #1

2013 sunseeker 3170ds

Winterizing ???? Is there a better way then dumping antifreeze in the tank???
JustDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #2

Yes, but it may take a little work if you aren't already setup with the equipment.

Some units have a winterizing valve just upstream of the water pump. This is attached to a hose that you can put into a jug of antifreeze. Then the pump does its thing.

There are also hand pumps you can use to pump antifreeze into the city water fill. Depending on how you are plumbed, though, they don't always get antifreeze into your pump.

Lacking either of the above, there is nothing wrong with putting antifreeze into the drained fresh tank. It will take a lot more antifreeze and take effort to flush it clean in the spring....but it will get the job done.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #3

If you want to put antifreeze into your fresh water tank, the neck of a large drink bottle fits the fill nozzle perfectly. I put antifreeze in our fresh water tank to winterize. It takes about a gallon more than if I had an easy way to use the water pump to suck it out of the bottle.

I like to have antifreeze in our tank. The drain isn't on the bottom so some water will be left in it, which could freeze. I'm probably too conservative but it's worth the extra effort to me to avoid broken tubing or fittings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1478133328443.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	124578  
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #4

X2
budblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #5

Air method all the way with pink in the traps. We do three winter camps each year so I need a fast store and pre launch method btw runs..
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #6

Hoglou, does air catch the water pump and the line from the freshwater tank to the water pump?
budblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, 3170, sunseeker