Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #1

2015 3010ds A/C

I have a 2015 3010ds. When I turn the A/C on, it will run for 15-30 minutes then the fan shuts off for 15-20 seconds but the compressor keeps running. It keeps repeating this as long as it is running. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced a part. When I took it home and started it, it does the same thing. It is back at the dealer.
AlanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #2

It does that because you have the fan on auto. Put the fan in lo or hi and it won't cycle like that.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

2010 3010ds A/C

Brian217, thanks for the info. Do you know why it does that. I have had several other RV.s that had heat pump/ac units and none acted that way.I will pass this on to the dealer. Alan
Old 10-18-2015, 08:11 AM   #4

When the fan is set to auto, it will change from Hi to Low as needed to meet the demands for cooling. When it switches from one to the other, the fan stops (compressor keeps running) then the fan restarts at the other speed. Happens when it is shifting up to high or down to Low. This is normal operation and not a problem. If you listen carefully, you will note that the fan speed has changed before and after the pause.

Also on many units, when in heat pump mode, it will start the compressor and then after a short delay, the fan will start. Seems to be just the opposite in AC mode. Fan starts first then compressor kicks on. All normal.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 10-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #5

RvBill3, thanks for that info. I will let the dealer know this. They already replaced a part that didn't have to be replaced. I would have thought they would know this. Again thanks to you and Brian217 for the help.