Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #1

2015 Forester 3010 DS

Just got my unit back from the shop, just minor issues that were found during the walk thru. One of the items during the walk thru that they could never get working was getting the rear speakers to work with any input. Had no problems getting DVD, CD or radio to play, DVD plays fine on tv but only the front cab speaker and the front set of surround speakers just behind driver and passenger seat works along with the sub.
This sounds fishy too me, was told by the service writer when I picked up my unit today that the surround sound speakers only work using a DVD, not radio or CD inputs which I believe maybe incorrect. I am still unable to get the rear set of speakers by the dinette and refrig. to work using any input.
Can someone with a 2015 3010 with the Jensen system confirm which systems (CD, Radio and DVD) work with the surround systems. BTW, I have checked the Fade Balance, when set at rear only speakers right behind cab work and front only cab speakers work.
Thanks in advance to all.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

Don't have Jensen, but I have a A, B, "Both" switch, all it does is cutout the front door speakers in cab. Sound plays same from all sources.

2014 Sunseeker 3050S

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #3

I have a 2013 3121DS with the Magnadyne sound/video system and my sound pumps through on all speakers in all media modes all the time.
Appleguy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #4

I don't have a forester but have a 2015 sunseeker 3010ds which should be the same as yours in that regard. Have the Jensen head and tv. And yes all ceiling speakers should work for all sources.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
I don't have a forester but have a 2015 sunseeker 3010ds which should be the same as yours in that regard. Have the Jensen head and tv. And yes all ceiling speakers should work for all sources.

Does your cab speakers always play along with the surround speakers?

Brian can you add your expertise with this issue? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forum
Old 10-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #6

They can but I can adjust that with the fade setting. I can do all cab, all rear, both cab and rear, or any combination I want based on how the fade is adjusted front to rear.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
RBR

I have a 2012 / 3011DS with a Jensen and all my speakers work with DVD, CD and radio. Yours might also be a 3011. In 2012 Forester didn't have a 3010, but they may now I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
I have a 2012 / 3011DS with a Jensen and all my speakers work with DVD, CD and radio. Yours might also be a 3011. In 2012 Forester didn't have a 3010, but they may now I'm not sure.

Correction I have a 3011DS Instead of a 3010. Sound systems should be the same in either unit of same model year. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Yes...all speakers should play. I would certainly check the Fade setting FIRST. Beyond that it sounds like they need to pull the rear ceiling speakers and check the wiring.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Yes...all speakers should play. I would certainly check the Fade setting FIRST. Beyond that it sounds like they need to pull the rear ceiling speakers and check the wiring.

Brian I quickly tried to remove the speakers to check wiring, but could not figure out how they come apart. Any ideas how they come apart to check wiring? Thanks to all who have replied.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzbot View Post
Brian I quickly tried to remove the speakers to check wiring, but could not figure out how they come apart. Any ideas how they come apart to check wiring? Thanks to all who have replied.

Did you try looking directly behind the in dash stereo unit first? The disconnection may be located there rather then in your ceiling.
Appleguy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleguy1991 View Post
Did you try looking directly behind the in dash stereo unit first? The disconnection may be located there rather then in your ceiling.
Got the issue fixed yesterday, was a bad wire where it goes into the ceiling. Thanks to all who replied.

Tags
forester