Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

2016 3011DS Outside TV and Audio

I was doing some work on the RV this weekend prepping for a trip and ran into something that I could not resolve. We are going to be doing a weekend at a NASCAR race in Dover later this year so I wanted to make sure the Outside, Stereo and Speakers all worked. I have been able to figure out that the switch selector On the Jensen JWM6A cabin radio works like this.

A) Inside cabin speakers
B) Outside Awning speakers
C) On/Off for inside sub-woofer

I then moved on to the outside TV. That seems to work pretty well however the embedded speakers are really weak and I'm sure will not work well at a sporting /tailgating event. However, there is a cable run from the Audio out jacks on the back the TV into the RV, and I assume to the rear of the outside Jensen 1-DIN radio under the TV but when I put that on the "TV" input I get no sound. Then. on the chance that this cable actually ran to one of the cabin radio inputs, I tried selecting all the appropriate inputs on that radio and still nothing.

Does anyone know if the TV actually has the "audio out" wired to either of the radio's? I can only assume so since there is a cable connected to that TV output but want to check to see what others may have found.

RVr
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #2

Newrver, I'm like you I picked up my 2016 3011DS two weeks ago and this is what I've found. I only had TV sound from the inside TV speakers and no surround sound from the TV. It sounds like you have surround sound. Turn on the TV and DVD player. I was not getting any surround sound from the 4 ceiling speakers when the TV was on, only from the TV speakers. I checked the TV menu and went to audio. Made sure the two audio outputs are turned on (HMDI and I think the other was RAW). Now go to the DVD player use the MODE button and keep pushing on it until you come to HDMI ARC. You should now have surround sound for the TV and when you select speaker C on the DVD Player it turns on the subwoofer. You should now be able to turn on speaker B and have the TV sound on the two large speakers under the outside awning. If you don"t you will need to reverse the two HDMI cables on the back of the TV. This worked for me. Also be aware the inside TV is supplying the sound for the outside large speakers so the inside and outside TV's will need to be on the same channel. Have not had chance to play with outside TV.
TPBP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #3

TP,

While I can have the inside ATV on to use the outside speakers under the awning, I would much prefer not to have to run (2) TV's just to get sound outside, especially if someone inside wants to watch a different program. Since the outside Jensen TV has the Audio Output wired , I suspect it should probably working with the outside Jensen audio system but it is. It would be great if someone could tell me where the outside TV connects too.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:56 AM   #4

Hey newRVer, I myself have got a new 2016 3011, I've been trying to get better sound out of my outside TV also, I tried to hook up external speakers , no joy doing that. All the cable hook ups from the outside TV goes to the radio below the TV, pull out the bottom drawer, and you can see the back of the outside radio, and connections
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Fish View Post
Hey newRVer, I myself have got a new 2016 3011, I've been trying to get better sound out of my outside TV also, I tried to hook up external speakers , no joy doing that. All the cable hook ups from the outside TV goes to the radio below the TV, pull out the bottom drawer, and you can see the back of the outside radio, and connections
I thought that may be the case but could not get the drawer out to confirm. Does your outside Jensen stereo output sounds from the TV when your put it on the TV input?
Old 04-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #6

to get the drawer out, look at the side rails, there is a black tab, push one side up and the other down..I tried the TV and Aux, I get nothing on the Aux, on the TV If I trun the radio vol. all the way up I can just hear some sound..Now I think Im right, if I play a DVD the sounds works from the radio speakers
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Fish View Post
to get the drawer out, look at the side rails, there is a black tab, push one side up and the other down..I tried the TV and Aux, I get nothing on the Aux, on the TV If I trun the radio vol. all the way up I can just hear some sound..Now I think Im right, if I play a DVD the sounds works from the radio speakers
That was pretty much the same for mine. I'll have to do some more work on it after it comes back from having some minor repairs completed.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Try turning off the TV speakers in the menu. I had a unit that wouldn't supply sound to the external speakers if the TV speakers were on.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #9

Thanks TPBP1981, I just picked up our new 2017 3011dsf and could not get tv audio to come through the over head surround speakers. The dvd would play overhead but not over the air broadcast on the tv. I switched the HDMI cables around in the tv and now everything works are it should.
Thank you for the posted advice.
Azzy1016 is offline   Reply With Quote