Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2015, 04:37 PM   #41
Gio

sdgscott, he told me that it involved wedging a spacer that would eliminate the vibration, no major chassis work, sounded like a quick and easy fix.
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
dealer just called me right now, said FR just got out of meeting with Ford and a solution/fix has been provided.
Joshua or Brian...can you confirm or deny that a fix has been arrived at? I'm sure you guys are pushing Ford as hard as you can so you can deliver some units.
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #43

First RV waiting for delivery

Just saw these posts, we purchased a 2860 DS and were told last thursday that it is in shipping, would that mean it has past inspection and is ok? Or can it be on hold - I was told by are dealer about to weeks ago that forest review was behind, but was not told why? Thanks
Steveanddianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
sdgscott, he told me that it involved wedging a spacer that would eliminate the vibration, no major chassis work, sounded like a quick and easy fix.
Sounds like correcting pinion angle.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:24 PM   #45

Hopefully the solution is at hand!

Reading through these most recent eMails is definitely a huge plus. Not getting much feedback on the unit I ordered on 6/11, but maybe the end is in sight. Next concern may be the trip home once it's ready. Over 2400 miles and it's clearly beginning to look like Fall in the PNW. Anybody used RV Shippers???

I was just about to reach for a second Dead Guy Ale when I logged in to the Forum, so I guess one's enough for now (at least until it's celebration time).

Hopefully more info to come.
Rogue Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:45 PM   #46

Glad to hear things are going to start rolling again. Of course this happened on the day I did my PDI and picked up mine from dealer stock on the 2015 chassis. But we're happy campers!
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:38 AM   #47
Class C Representative

We do have a meeting Monday's to discuss current product and how we can improve. Lately it's been about Ford.

Yesterday's (8/31/2015) meeting we discussed the tests being ran on the units we built specifically to find a remedy to this issue. The results of the test were..........positive. The issue is not completely fixed but we have made great strides in to finding a permanent solution.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #48
Gio

Yesterday's (8/31/2015) meeting we discussed the tests being ran on the units we built specifically to find a remedy to this issue. The results of the test were..........positive. The issue is not completely fixed but we have made great strides in to finding a permanent solution.[/QUOTE]

thanks Joshua, understandably, that sounds like the more cautiously optimistic version of what my dealer told me yesterday. Although I like his version of it better ...I'm still going to believe him that a fix is imminent.
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:18 AM   #49

Is there any update on this issue?
SoleSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #50

Current updates;
Here is a quote from Morryde Chassis extenders on the chassis issue:
"Ford made several changes to the 2016 chassis. As you know the transmission is now a 6 speed. There were some other changes that affected the transmission and driveline. The result is that upfitters are searching for the proper angles to minimize any vibration. This involves using shims at the carrier bearings as well as using a shim on the axle as well. Each OEM and upfitter have been trying different shim configurations. "

I have been told there are about 200 units that need to be "fixed and shipped" ASAP - using sold units as first priority. Factory hopes to have all the coaches delivered by end of September.

I'm trying to get a more exact time on the delivery of my coach but have been unsuccessful so far. If / when my coach is delivered, I plan on a nice long road test to verify no vibration. I will not complete purchase if there is any vibration.
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #51
Class C Representative

We have found a fix and are not letting units leave the factory with any vibration issues. Getting an exact date for people is difficult right now but we are doing customer ordered units first.
Our chassis' are all worked on in house through Coachmen, Morryde doesn't have anything to do with us, that's Thor.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #52

Morryde was the only company willing to talk about the problem with us. Forest River has been very vague about letting us know about the problem and what the fix is. "Trust but Verify"
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #53

Josh, Glad to hear that a fix has been found and units are shipping.
Do you know when Ford will permanently fix the issue and deliver chassis to Forest River without the problem. I plan on ordering a Forester in the near future but would like to know that the chassis did not have to be retrofitted.
SoleSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleSisters View Post
Josh, Glad to hear that a fix has been found and units are shipping.
Do you know when Ford will permanently fix the issue and deliver chassis to Forest River without the problem. I plan on ordering a Forester in the near future but would like to know that the chassis did not have to be retrofitted.
Same here...
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #55

When it rains, it pours!

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #56
Class C Representative

We "retrofit" every chassis that comes to us, we have to, to stretch the frame. To counteract any vibration issues coming from Ford we are using a different design when doing the stretch to account for Driveline angles.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
We "retrofit" every chassis that comes to us, we have to, to stretch the frame. To counteract any vibration issues coming from Ford we are using a different design when doing the stretch to account for Driveline angles.
Hi Joshua,

I have a 2861DS in paint at the moment. I assume the "fix" has been applied to my unit.

I think the question being asked is, "Will the chassis of my unit be fixed any differently than a unit built in a couple months?"

I am hoping the frame on my unit is not "patched up" to alleviate the vibration, but is fixed by the same "retrofit" that will be done to all future Forester chassis'.

Thanks as always for your input!

Scott
Old 09-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwexpert View Post
Morryde was the only company willing to talk about the problem with us. Forest River has been very vague about letting us know about the problem and what the fix is. "Trust but Verify"
Jim
What makes you say this? You have a factory rep responding to the issue here. You want to be in the dark go to the Jayco forum. They have the same issue but are left with complete speculation. They don't have a factory rep participating over there. This forum is one of the reasons I may decide to purchase a new Forester over a Grey Hawk.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #59

Yep, I've brought plenty of concerns about my Forester and Brian has never buried his head in the sand! In fact, he has addressed and resolved all issues in a timely manner! I can't say the same for my previous coach! Now thinking about a new Class A from FR!

Frank
KM4FVI
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #60

Digging up an old post...

Did a google search on drive-line drone/vibration concerns and this thread popped up.

Can anyone give/know the actual fix for the vibration/drone noise ?

The drone noise / vibration comes in at 53 mph worst vibration felt at 60-63 mph
then gone at 70 mph.

I have an older 2011 MH on a E450 with now 17K miles on it and have the vibration/drone noise .
Ford dealer that works on MH's have just shot-gunned fixes for it and nothing they have done (replaced rear leaf springs they said they were sagging , shimmed rear of Trans, shimmed both center carrier bearings, shimmed rear diff they said the angles were off, sent out 3 piece drive-line to be re-balanced , the drive-line place replaced both center carrier bearings and checked re-balanced all 3 drive-lines, the rear drive line was the worst one out of balance...once the drive-lines were reinstalled now vibration is worse).
With absolutely no sign of the problem getting better only worse..

I had found another article about drive-line vibrations/being out of balance could cause the rear Trans tail-shaft seal to leak.
Yep the Trans rear tail-shaft seal was leaking...

I'm at wits end , not knowing where to go from here, this has been going on now with the MH being at the Ford dealer place since August.
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote