Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #61

There are special angles and degrees that the driveshafts have to be set at. I believe Forest River has the proper specs for their chassis. My 2016 was one of the first with the 6 speed transmissions that caused a vibration. It was fixed at the factory but was never right. The drive line failed in 8,000 miles. Forest river (under warranty) installed a complete new drive line assembly with updated specs.
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwexpert View Post
There are special angles and degrees that the driveshafts have to be set at. I believe Forest River has the proper specs for their chassis. My 2016 was one of the first with the 6 speed transmissions that caused a vibration. It was fixed at the factory but was never right. The drive line failed in 8,000 miles. Forest river (under warranty) installed a complete new drive line assembly with updated specs.
Jim
VW,

I have an early 2016 3011 w/6 speed and 10K miles. An alignment tech had previously questioned if I had a drive shaft issue since they detected a lot of vibration at 70+. I also did a test and did feel a substantial vibration and rumble at 70+. Since I don't typically drive that fast I let it go through last summer as to not affect our travel schedule. Now that I'm not using it for the winter I wonder if I should have it checked just to avoid a future failure? If so, what exactly would I ask for?
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #63

newRVer, My coach had a drone noise at 60mph when I took delivery. A little annoying but I thought it was the air vents on the roof. When I took a trip to Oregon to see the eclipse the drive line started clanking @ 60mph - ok above 63mph or below 58mph. My dealer (DeMartini) called the factory and they took care of it within a couple weeks. I think the early 2016's were given a fix that was not as good as it should of been. I heard they had 200 units waiting for delivery while they found a fix. I would contact your dealer and complain and see what happens.
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #64

I contacted Ford Motorhome assistance customer service hotline 800-444-3311..

They gave me a case # and will be in contact with me tomorrow and then they will be in contact with the Ford Dealership where my MH is at.

Since I have an older MH I'm not under warranty, but they still are helping to hopefully resolve my problem...
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote