Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #21
Citrus County, Fl.

Ben, if you drive about 3mph slower than the guy with the 2016 then your mileage would be the same.....also, I bet it costs more than you would save on fuel if you ever need it replaced.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #22

IMO the 5 speed Torqueshift transmission is the best auto Ford ever made. Not that it is exactly the same but we bought a Ford Car with the new 6 speed auto and it was replaced under warranty at 9000 miles. The web is full complaints about the 6 speed auto trans.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
IMO the 5 speed Torqueshift transmission is the best auto Ford ever made. Not that it is exactly the same but we bought a Ford Car with the new 6 speed auto and it was replaced under warranty at 9000 miles. The web is full complaints about the 6 speed auto trans.
Thx ATVer, good to know. Makes me fell a little better about our 5 speed tranny. Like anything else, new means there will be a debugging stage.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by benagi View Post
Thx ATVer, good to know. Makes me fell a little better about our 5 speed tranny. Like anything else, new means there will be a debugging stage.
Ben, I know exactly how you feel about not getting the latest and greatest. Last year I ordered a 2015 Yukon XL Denali totally loaded- 6 speed. I took delivery on one of the first units (btw, haven't had a single issue with it) and 2 months after I get it I read that they are shipping a 2015.5 with an 8 speed transmission. They should have held off production but they've gotta make their money! Oh well.

steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #25

Hi.I just got a 2015 sunseeker with the Ford E450.chassis.I'm wondering you said you registered the vin with Ford? I'm not aware about that?
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:03 AM   #26

https://owner.ford.com/your-

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
Hi.I just got a 2015 sunseeker with the Ford E450.chassis.I'm wondering you said you registered the vin with Ford? I'm not aware about that?
If your chassis VIN is linked with your personal info in the chassis manufacture's database you will get any recall notices, alerts, or other info, on it. Just visit your local chassis dealers service department and they can take care of getting you in to their system.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #28

Thanks for the reply.Hey another question. The in dash radio works fine except it wont get xmserius radio. it says check antenna. who do I take it to?my forrest river dealer or Ford? It's new and I only have it now for 3 weeks. Thanks
M
Old 07-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #29

Dealer. The radio was installed by Forest River.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #30
Class C Representative

Sometimes the antenna gets covered up with caulk and that causes an issue with the signal. The antenna is on the roof if you can get up there to check it out.
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Sometimes the antenna gets covered up with caulk and that causes an issue with the signal. The antenna is on the roof if you can get up there to check it out.
The Sirius/XM antenna is on the roof? I know the radio antenna is up there and the TV antenna too. But I don't see the SAT radio antenna up there anywhere. Where would it be?

I thought the SAT radio and GPS antenna was that small box on the far left side of the dashboard up by the VIN Number.

Yesterday as I was driving the RV home from our shakedown trip we took this week. We lost the SAT radio signal about 6 times. The Jensen receiver say "Antenna not receiving" or some such. And it wasn't under trees or overpasses or any obstruction. We were out on the open freeway.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativepart View Post
The Sirius/XM antenna is on the roof? I know the radio antenna is up there and the TV antenna too. But I don't see the SAT radio antenna up there anywhere. Where would it be?

I thought the SAT radio and GPS antenna was that small box on the far left side of the dashboard up by the VIN Number.

Yesterday as I was driving the RV home from our shakedown trip we took this week. We lost the SAT radio signal about 6 times. The Jensen receiver say "Antenna not receiving" or some such. And it wasn't under trees or overpasses or any obstruction. We were out on the open freeway.
Look where the antenna cable goes into the roof. My xm antenna is right next to it. Didn't notice until I went looking for it. Will take a pic in 20 or do when I get home. Also check under the glove compartment for the xm box the antenna plugs into. Mine had fallen down and when I stuck it back up I loosened the connection and lost signal intermittent like you mention.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM   #33

XM antenna
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1437149972682.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	83179  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativepart View Post

My radio antenna is by the windshield near the passenger door. I think the silver antenna you see on the roof is the sirius/xm radio antenna.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #35

GPS is on dash. XM is on roof. Small black piece in my pic above. Next to where the hdtv antenna wire goes in. Radio antenna is standard old style on cab. Silver antenna I believe may be for rear and outside radios.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Correct...unless it is a Mercedes, then we route that antenna to the roof.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibyrd View Post
GPS is on dash. XM is on roof. Small black piece in my pic above. Next to where the hdtv antenna wire goes in. Radio antenna is standard old style on cab. Silver antenna I believe may be for rear and outside radios.
Jailbyrd, nice to know what that silver antenna on the roof was for. Thought it looked like a standard radio antenna. Makes sense now. Also, thx for pointing out where the XM radio antenna is.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:30 AM   #38

Hi again.Ok I checked the roof.Found the xm antenna. It was partially covered with caulk.cleaned it off.still didn't help. I'll look into the glove box area,I know there was a wire hanging down . The radio still shows "check xm antenna" one time it said antenna shorted??
Old 07-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #39

No idea. In my mind next would be to check connection on the back of the head unit. If it's under warranty I would take it in. Otherwise you'll need to peel away the dash to continue troubleshooting. BTW, you should have manuals for the SiriusXM module/antenna and the Jensen with wiring diagram.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #40

Hi.Yep I agree with you.I looked a bit under dash by glove compartment but I'm not about to pull it apart.I'm compiling a list for the dealer to get things fixed. maybe in a week or so I'll take it in.Thanks
mw

Tags
ford