Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 11:53 AM   #1

2016 Forester 2861DS queen bed size and other questions.

Soon we will be picking up our 2016 Forester 2861DS we just purchased, and I was wondering if any of you know the dimensions of the queen size bed in the master bedroom were? I'm trying to find a fitted bedspread because the original is missing. Also, do regular queen-size fitted and flat sheets fit this bed? Dimensions would help. What size sheets fit the upper bunk?

Can any of you who have the Dyson vacuum cleaner that came with your RV post a photo of it? We only saw the head charging in the storage compartment, and it doesn't appear the rest of the vacuum is with the RV. I would like to produce a photo for my sales rep, and they may replace it. A photo of the vacuum cleaner and box if you have would be great. I would need the model #. Thanks.
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

60 x 74
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
60 x 74
Okay, thanks! So the mattress is approximately 6 inches shorter than a standard queen-size mattress?
Old 03-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperroo View Post
Okay, thanks! So the mattress is approximately 6 inches shorter than a standard queen-size mattress?
Yes, it is called a short queen. There is no need to buy special short queen sheets. Regular queen size bedding will work just fine. They stay on quite nicely even with the slide retracted and the bed slid up on to itself for travel in our GTS.

The rest of your Dyson should be in the box in one of your storage compartments.

EDIT: Our first Dyson is a model DC 35. That one came with our MBS. I don't know what the model number is of the second one that came with our GTS. I'll check the next time I visit the storage lot.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

The rest of your Dyson should be in the box in one of your storage compartments.
Do the deep queen sheets fit better than regular? No, there is no box, there is only the top part charging. That's it. It's a used RV, so several things are missing including the owner's book.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #6

Wow, the Dyson DC35 is $300!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Do the deep queen sheets fit better than regular? No, there is no box, there is only the top part charging. That's it. It's a used RV, so several things are missing including the owner's book.
Yes, deep pockets will work better, that is what we use at home as well. Since your mattress doesn't doesn't slide up I would think regular pockets would work.

If it will make you feel any better we kept the Dyson when we traded in the MBS. Go to the Dyson website and enter DC 35 and you can find all the Part Numbers for the extension tubes and head units. I'd look on line before buying direct from Dyson...
Old 03-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
Site Team

Regarding manuals if you go to the Forest River website you can probably download the manuals you need. There is no real Owners Manual any way... See Here

I probably downloaded around fifty .pdfs from the different sections on all of our subsystems...

You can download the Ford E-450 manuals as well. See Here
Old 03-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post

I probably downloaded around fifty .pdfs from the different sections on all of our subsystems...

You can download the Ford E-450 manuals as well. See Here
Thanks! I downloaded the owner's manual but couldn't find the downloads for the subsystems for the appliances.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Camperroo,

The queen mattress in our 2861DS is also a short queen, 60 x 74 inches. I looked at buying a sheet set specifically for the short queen but those sets are pretty expensive. Instead I used a sheet set that was not made for the deep mattresses and that set fit perfectly, even though the short queen mattress is 6 inches shorter than the mattress the sheet set was made for. I think this is because the motor home's short queen has the deeper/thicker mattress and that the extra depth of that mattress took up the extra length of the regular sheet set.

I use a regular comforter-type queen size bedspread and it fits fine. There is just enough overhang on the sides and bottom of the bed to cover the sides of the bed without being too much overhang, which can make it hard to get around the bed.

We have the entertainment center in place of the bunk over the cab so I can't provide any information on that.

I'll bet you are getting excited to pick up your 2861!!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
Camperroo,

The queen mattress in our 2861DS is also a short queen, 60 x 74 inches.

I use a regular comforter-type queen size bedspread and it fits fine. There is just enough overhang on the sides and bottom of the bed to cover the sides of the bed without being too much overhang, which can make it hard to get around the bed.

I'll bet you are getting excited to pick up your 2861!!
Thanks, KayleysMom! Where did you find the comforter? I am driving myself crazy looking on Amazon and online, and can't find one I like. The regular queen size comforters seem too big even some touching the floor. I don't want much overhang. Ours is missing the original bedspread I really like that comes with the RV, but not sure if replacing with a short queen fitted bedspread would be very practical anyway.

Yes, getting excited to pick our 2861 up! Kinda nervous too for the reasons I explained in the pm. Hoping everything goes well.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks, KayleysMom! Where did you find the comforter?

I ordered ours at Bed Bath and Beyond, when they were having a sale. I actually ordered it for our bed in the house but when it came in I decided to try it on the Forester bed and it was fine. It is just a regular queen size. I've attached a picture so you can get some idea of the length of the overhang on the sides of the bed. The bottom overhang is about the same length. It is long enough to cover the sides of the mattress and the board the mattress sits on but it does not get in the way when you walk around the bed or when accessing the closets and drawers at the foot of the bed and there are no issues when retracting the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 February 23.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	131207  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #13

2016 Forester 2861DS queen bed size and other questions.

I have a 2017 2861 DS .. the charging station for mine is on the pass back compartment. Look around it hopefully some were. I don't drive with it in charging station..way to lose . I also got a quick discount grill ...love it. Then the owners manual is about each individual appliances. TVs.. microwave oven refrigerator etc. Hope this helps , any other questions give a shout or I'm sure these kind folks will help. Safe travels [emoji591][emoji591][emoji591][emoji591]. I love my Class C Forester...
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
I ordered ours at Bed Bath and Beyond, when they were having a sale. I actually ordered it for our bed in the house but when it came in I decided to try it on the Forester bed and it was fine.
That is a gorgeous comforter! Love the colors. Your bed looks so inviting! I bet you can't wait to enjoy camping season.

Tags
bed, forester