Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #1

Angry 2017 Forester 2501 TS

New coach, took delivery in late July 2016. So far the coach has been back to the dealership, DeMartini RV sales, over 6 times for various issues. Dealership is outstanding, but quality assurance with the manufacter's product is poor. Here's our experiences to date:
- Wardrobe tip out motor replaced (day after delivery)
- CO2 alarm going off when batteries show 3/4.
- Breaker switch in bathroom throws after generator starts up.
- Rear bed tip out frame broke in several places due to no extension bracket/brace.
- No clear bra on front of coach (later told only comes on full paint schemes); isn't white a paint???
- Accessory outlet continuously blows fuse.
- Faulty front cabin TV (replaced)
- Faulty Jensen control module (TV goes out/turns grainy).

Each trip to dealership costs time and money (fuel: roundtrip $50+)

Coach currently at dealership for more repairs.

Anyone out there having some of the above issues???

DTB
Dbeverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

We bought our 2861DS from DeMartini RV and didn't have any of these issues. I have white paint and no clear bra. I did not expect a clear bra, those are pricey options typically. I install those after buying my cars.
vector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
Class C Representative

Derek,

You, Mike Jankowski, and I have all been in contact. All of us are working together to get your issues resolved.

The clear bra is only available on Full Body Paint schemes on both Forester and Sunseeker. No, white is not full body paint.

Sincerely,

Joshua Cavitt
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2501, forester