Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 08:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSNewbie View Post
I did update the community about those issues in the post below. This post was to question how one of two of the same 2017 mbs units would use a non standard kitchen faucet.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-110944-3.html
So....a whole new thread just to complain about a cheap faucet. Out of all the discrepancies in your order you seem most peeved about the cheapest item to fix. Wow. Well, glad you are asking for your money back. Hope your next order goes better for you and your dealer.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #22

I do remember a thread discussing the many new changes to the 2017 MBS. Even that the porcelain 310 toilet was replaced with plastic. I believe some of changes were due to weight, ie shower curtain. When I ordered my 2016 2801GTS my dealer was able to tell me what was still available and what was not. I don't know if they called FR or it is on their build sheet. Any changes FR makes will make some happy and others upset. There is no way to make everyone 100 percent pleased. As for a faucet, I could care less. The pull out faucet is nothing great. I have put in about 2 grand in mods already and my rig is only 6 months old. Yes its a sickness lol.
As for the OP I would seriously look for a unit your happy with and pass on the one that was ordered. Starting with a new rig that your not happy with is a recipe for resentment. Your paying big bucks you should be happy with it.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:41 PM   #23

MBSNewbie, I see you have the 17" round sink like I have. It takes up too much counter space. So I cut the lid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	119511   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1431-1.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	119512  
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:29 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSNewbie View Post
Ok, this is so ridiculous that you have to say - is anyone at FR looking over these units before the go out?

We ordered a 2017 Forester MBS 2401S. We expected to get a pull-out kitchen faucet fixture which has been standard for some time. Here's what we expected to get. Picture taken directly from the Forester River MBS brochure available from their website.

OK, here is how the unit actually was delivered to the dealer. How is this even possible? How did FR not think that a customer would notice something as big as this?
Its a nice fixture, and its not a bathroom fixture - I have the same one. No biggie.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
MBSNewbie, I see you have the 17" round sink like I have. It takes up too much counter space. So I cut the lid.
Now there's a sage idea. Did you use a table saw?
Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
Now there's a sage idea. Did you use a table saw?
Made a few templates to see what worked. Cutting it in half and they fell in. Made one side 2"-2 1/2" larger than the other. Used my Dremel rotary tool with a tile cutting bit. Used the cone adapter making it like a router and made about 4 or 5 passes lowering it a bit each time. Then took some 400grit wet dry sand paper to smooth the edge.
Note that we have to secure it while traveling as it will bounce easier than the full lid. Sure adds more counter space. Also, don't place heavy objects on the cut lids as it doesn't have as much support as the full lid. You will know by the flex if it's too much. A gallon of milk is too much if placed near the center!
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Made a few templates to see what worked. Cutting it in half and they fell in. Made one side 2"-2 1/2" larger than the other. Used my Dremel rotary tool with a tile cutting bit. Used the cone adapter making it like a router and made about 4 or 5 passes lowering it a bit each time. Then took some 400grit wet dry sand paper to smooth the edge.
Note that we have to secure it while traveling as it will bounce easier than the full lid. Sure adds more counter space. Also, don't place heavy objects on the cut lids as it doesn't have as much support as the full lid. You will know by the flex if it's too much. A gallon of milk is too much if placed near the center!
Thank you for the info!

Tags
faucet, forester, quality, roo