Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #1

2017 Forester - Any quality control? Bathroom fixture on kitchen faucet!

Ok, this is so ridiculous that you have to say - is anyone at FR looking over these units before the go out?

We ordered a 2017 Forester MBS 2401S. We expected to get a pull-out kitchen faucet fixture which has been standard for some time. Here's what we expected to get. Picture taken directly from the Forester River MBS brochure available from their website.

OK, here is how the unit actually was delivered to the dealer. How is this even possible? How did FR not think that a customer would notice something as big as this?

MBSNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #2
Site Team

FR will likely tell you that it was a rolling change on the production line to a new supplier / vendor / whatever... On the back page of their brochure it states:

"All information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, during the model year, it may be necessary to make revisions and Forest River, Inc., reserves the right to make all such changes without notice, including prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications as well as the addition of new models and the discontinuance of models shown in this brochure. Therefore, please consult with your Forest River dealer and confirm the existence of any materials, design or specifications that are material to your purchase decision."

Those "weasel words" allow for just about any substitution they may want to make. In our case after we placed our order for our GTS they quit installing the nice Dometic Model 310 porcelain toilet and went with a cheaper plastic toilet. When I pointed this out our dealer installed a new 310 at no cost.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:26 AM   #3

To that I call BS. Here is a picture from another 2017 Forester MBS just delivered. Note the sprayer on the kitchen faucet.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSNewbie View Post
To that I call BS. Here is a picture from another 2017 Forester MBS just delivered. Note the sprayer on the kitchen faucet.

FWIW the faucet you have installed now appears to be the same one we have in our 2017 GTS.

I suggest you get a hold of Joshua Cavitt, the Forester / Sunseeker FR rep here, he can get to the bottom of the issue for you.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #5

I know it's the principal of the thing but the truth is I replaced both of the cheap plastic fixtures in the kitchen and the bath the first week I got the unit home. There are certain things you just know will need changing as that is just the nature of the beast. How about the cheap plastic hose in the shower? Another immediate replacement. I'm not making excuses for them but in the competitive environment in which they operate the choice is to compete on price or quality and guess which one usually wins. Instead of increasing my expectations upon purchase I found it was easier to lower them and to be grateful for pleasant surprises.
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:49 PM   #6

That photo isn't if that rig. It looks like a counter section sticking out, not flush against the wall. . Manufacturers get images wrong all the time. That's why the consumer has to be paying close attention. I get better information watching videos of the units done by RV dealers than any manufacturer website or brochure.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdixie View Post
I know it's the principal of the thing but the truth is I replaced both of the cheap plastic fixtures in the kitchen and the bath the first week I got the unit home. There are certain things you just know will need changing as that is just the nature of the beast. How about the cheap plastic hose in the shower? Another immediate replacement. I'm not making excuses for them but in the competitive environment in which they operate the choice is to compete on price or quality and guess which one usually wins. Instead of increasing my expectations upon purchase I found it was easier to lower them and to be grateful for pleasant surprises.
Replaced ours also, in our Lexi. Yeah, the installed hardware is cheaply made, plastic, but NOT cheap in price. If you price the rv faucets you'll find that in many cases their more expensive than some decent quality faucets at Lowes, Home Depot, or Amazon.
Replaced ours with some I found on Amazon, for a bit more than the Pheonix brand plastic poopoo that was OE.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #8

I have yet to see a rig that was exactly like the pictures, so your expectations may be just a tad bit high!!!!

Our current unit came with a set of cabinets over the sink that raise and lower on a rail electrically that is in none of the brochures or options that we ever saw. Even the salesman didn't know what the odd switch was for. We were all pleasantly surprised.

We also replace all our faucets immediately as we just can't stand the El Cheapo fixtures.

So I guess the advice is to not buy sight unseen, you might be surprised (good or bad).
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #9

Did you notice this when you did your PDI? If do, why didn't you say something to the dealer right then? I would have insisted they change it before delivery and have them take it up with FR.
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #10

2017 Forester - Any quality control? Bathroom fixture on kitchen faucet!

I feel your pains...I ordered a 5er a few weeks ago. They didn't have(still don't) have interior color brochure available at the dealers or the Puma website. They are still on 2016 brochures. I guess I rolled the dice and hope I didn't roll snake eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #11

VERY EASY ANSWER ! IF you happen to Read what it says under the picture.
The residential faucet is an UPGRADE, meaning you received a standard unit. Some dealers order basic units with out all or sometimes any options so they can low ball other dealers. The order sheets dealers use to order from have many ways of ordering any model. Some most dealers like to use the factory package upgrade so they can sell a "loaded" models at a reasonable price. Others buy the same model with only a few more popular options and can price them lower than the packaged model. If the buyer is not paying attention he will get what he thinks is a great deal till he gets it home and starts really looking and comparing. Sorry you didn't notice what you actually bought.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #12

I have not actually picked up the unit yet. The two units pictured were both fully optioned forester mbs'.

You are wrong. These are standard features on all mbs models. The brochure marked 2017 continues to show a navigation system. Is this truth in advertising?

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...rmbsposter.pdf
Old 09-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #13

I had a dealer tell me a couple of years back that FR had the right to change anything they wanted to !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #14

Brochures are always behind production for just about any RV manufacturer. There are constant rolling changes throughout the year. Everyone's rig is always just a bit different.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #15

Replaced faucets as soon as I drove it off the lot. (New)
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #16

Well, I guess if a different faucet bothers you that much, don't buy it!!
Old 09-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Well, I guess if a different faucet bothers you that much, don't buy it!!
Your comment was not helpful. There is some expectation of getting what you ordered when putting down thousands of dollars and waiting over two months. There are many other changes noted below that I was not notified of until the unit showed up at the dealer. A publicly traded company like FR has a fiduciary duty to their customers and shareholders to provide updated information and not withhold or mislead consumers.

NO Dyson cordless vacuum
NO Soft-touch padded vinyl ceiling
NO tile back splash on stove
No glass shower door
NO navigation system
Old 09-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Your comment was not helpful. There is some expectation of getting what you ordered when putting down thousands of dollars and waiting over two months. There are many other changes noted below that I was not notified of until the unit showed up at the dealer. A publicly traded company like FR has a fiduciary duty to their customers and shareholders to provide updated information and not withhold or mislead consumers.

NO Dyson cordless vacuum
No glass shower door
NO navigation system
I would be upset too and knowing this, I would definitely be reluctant to ever order a unit. So sorry this happened to you, can you reject the unit and put the deposit on something else?
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #19

Quote:

NO Dyson cordless vacuum
No glass shower door
NO navigation system
If you would of started out with all the 'missing' items perhaps I would of understood why you were so upset over a cheap faucet. And if all these items were on your original order then they should make it right or give you your money back.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #20

I did update the community about those issues in the post below. This post was to question how one of two of the same 2017 mbs units would use a non standard kitchen faucet.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-110944-3.html

Tags
faucet, forester, quality, roo