Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #1

2017 GTS 2431S Slide Out Failure

I posted in the General Tech and Repair / Slide Out forum. I just wanted to cross post here, because maybe I posted in the wrong forum. I am very new to Forest River Forums. I have added information and will update as I learn more. If nothing else, it might give others ideas on how to deal with this situation if they experience the same issues and have similar hardware. This RV because of its design is not really trustworthy without an ability to manually extend/retract the slide. So, I am hoping to find a way to do it and appreciate any help that you can provide.

2017 GTS 2431S Slide Out Failure
kranki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
Class C Representative

Your other thread said that you turned the motor off and on, by doing this you were able to get the slide in. Are you sure the batteries weren't low in the coach. That could have lead to larger issues if there was not enough power going to the motors.

There is a way to push the slide in and out manually. On the motor there is a screw that needs to be removed to disengage the motors. From there you can move your slide in and out as you please.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:57 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply. I was connected to A/C the entire time before trying to retract the slide. So, the batteries should have been charged up. I will double check that from now on. Is that what the flashing red led indicates on the rocker switch?

On the motors, where is the bolt located? Also, if I re-insert the bolt, does it relock the slide in place.

I have only pulled the rubber back some to see part of the motor. A diagram would be nice if you have one. I hope that I never have to do it, but I came very close to having to on the first trip.

Again, thank you for the reply.
kranki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out