Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 06:07 PM   #1

2018 3011DS Norcold Fridge poof!

I few week ago my Norcold fridge went bad while I was driving from one camp to another.
We packed a couple bags of ice in the freezer and lower unit and made it home a couple days later.
We started the phone around marathon (the only Forest River dealer within 200 miles of where we live is C.W. and they said I could get in there in mid January next year. I found a local that sells only pull behinds and he agreed to look at it if I paid the bill my self. I called F.R. and they gave my the ok to get the work done.
Five days later the local dealer called me and said it was done, come pick it up. I was there in a flash and was pleasantly surprised to get a bill for two hours trouble shooting..... that was all. The tech found the problem, checked with Norcold, found there were two outstanding recalls on it, one recall covered my problem. Norcold sent him the repair parts and paid for the repairs directly to the local dealer.
This is a story with a happy ending I believe. This is how it should always work and the Prima Donnas might start seeing their numbers dropping as people go to where they can get good service.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #2

Hailey, Thanks for the Great Story. As a new owner, I am already running into the "Prima Donnas". I hate to feel like I am begging for someone's help when my unit is not 1 month old and I have the 7 year extended Good Sam Warranty.

Your story shows me that I can and should develop relationships with shops that can work on the various components and then work through the various motherships (River Forest and Good Sam) to get clearance for these shops to do the work.

Again, thanks for the story with a happy ending. It is refreshing.

v/r rch
RHOUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #3

Seek out the RV repair and collision centers that only repair RV's. Most will handle the warranty and authorization. These places help because, they are not selling.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, fridge