Old 06-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
2020 Forester 2851SLE

2020 Forester 2851SLE

Just picked up our newest FR product a Forester 2851SLE today. A few interesting questions or observations for the community. The LE series is (my words) the scaled down version of other Foresters but was surprised to find that some of the scaling down is a bit overboard - for instance 1 set of keys for everything in the coach and cab??? If that is actually the case and the dealer didn't lose the other keys how do I get another set of keys, particularly the coach door lock (a Bauer key) and the MH cab key fob and ignition key???

Old 06-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
2020 Forester 2851SLE

OOPS! Does anyone know where the humble pie emoji is on this thread? It was our mistake - the keys were in the refrigerator along with the missing owners manual. True to form it was the last place we looked. Dealer bobbled a bit not knowing what the LE offered and not being thorough on the walk thru but it was on us not looking in referigerator.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:13 AM   #3

My dealer told me LE stood for limited edition. He said it is their entry model used as a teaser to get you interested before going to more expensive level. He also mentioned he felt the LE series was the best bang for the buck, not as fancy as next level but with many of the amenities.
dumboatt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #4
2020 Forester 2851SLE

Maiden Voyage

A quick 2 night stay at a local SP for a shake down maiden voyage went well. Aside from a drawer stop/hold in kitchen all systems functioned well. We are off for a long meandering voyage thru the MW here soon and are happy that things went so smoothly on the maiden voyage.

Tags
forester