Old 09-26-2016, 06:20 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
As stated above, I made new thin backs with 1/4 inch plywood and padding. I store the originals in the front edge of the cab over area. Fit nicely up there. Available should we want the dinette converted to a bed. Otherwise "out of the way".
Sorry I guess I missed that,,, someone said they had saved left over foam,,, but did not know why !!!

Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmartinez View Post
Guys I would like to replace my pull out couch with these chairs, Instead of the Dinette. The Opening where the couch sits is a slide out that is 70 1/2 inches wide. The couch is slightly smaller. Are you happy with the chairs and do you think it is feasible for me to replace the couch with these chairs given the space?
Check the depth of the couch and the rise of the slide floor.
If you pull the couch and replace with chairs, your area of where you would rest your feet may be compromised with the slide threshold.
My floor is flat- no slideout so any transition is easy.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #53

Looks great. I have a 2007 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304S with a slide that contains a funky, and totally uncomfortable folding mini couch bed thing that I would like to replace with 2 small recliners. The problem is that the couch thing sits on a box that is about 12 inches above the floor. The slide support retraction rail is at that height too. As is, if I remove the couch the floor level for the slide will be 12 in. higher than trailer. That means the seat height of the recliners would be about 30 inches, a bit too much of a jump. I guess I am looking for a modification of the mechanism that would lower the floor level of the slide closer to the level of the trailer floor.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #54

The trick for us to be comfortable,,, is a way to get our feet up !!! Footstools or coffee table or something !!!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:28 AM   #55

Our 22' has the wrap around dinette in the slide. To make it feel more comfortable for lounging we remove the table and pole, and place an ottoman that is close to the seat height in that space to stretch our legs out while watching TV.

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Old 10-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
Our 22' has the wrap around dinette in the slide. To make it feel more comfortable for lounging we remove the table and pole, and place an ottoman that is close to the seat height in that space to stretch our legs out while watching TV.

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler
We were doing that,,, until we found the ottoman work pretty well siting on the floor in front of the raised slide floor,,, so we still are able to use table !!!
Old 11-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #57

Just bought our 2251, 2014 model. Had done the same mod in our Lazy Daze, and planned on doing the same, before we bought the rig. On mine, the generator is below that area, am I going to be able to access the seatbelt bolts, or will I have to drop the generator ?
Old 11-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
Just bought our 2251, 2014 model. Had done the same mod in our Lazy Daze, and planned on doing the same, before we bought the rig. On mine, the generator is below that area, am I going to be able to access the seatbelt bolts, or will I have to drop the generator ?
I did something similar on our 2251SLE. The 2 seat belt bolts on the wall side are accessed inside the long bin next to the generator on mine. The other two bolts are under the frame just inside the bin.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #59

You can get to them.
Not easy though.
Unfortunately they leave big holes.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
You can get to them.
Not easy though.
Unfortunately they leave big holes.
I used some short pan head bolts and caulked them in to plug the holes. I had planned to put the dinette back in when I sell the RV. I didn't find the bolts very difficult to remove if you don't mind crawling under the RV. Use a mirror if needed to see the ones in the top of the bin. I did it by feel with a ratchet and 6 inch extension.