Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 10:44 PM   #1

2401W stupid question...

Can someone confirm for me, that the dinette in the 2401W folds down into a bed? I know that I "should" know that, but I haven't seen anywhere online where it lists it or shows it

Thank You!

Bogey
BBogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:57 PM   #2

I don't have the "W" floorplan so I can't be considered an authority, however in looking at some detailed images online it appears that the table top can be detached from the post and there are some wood ledges around the perimeter of the dinette (where your calf would be while sitting) that will hold the table top in place allowing the cushions to somehow be configured to create a bed.

The dinette table on the "S" floorplan is different and the table isn't supported by a single post, but rather a system called the "dream dinette" that easily pushes downward to convert to a bed.

HTH

Cheers
Old 06-30-2016, 11:45 PM   #3

Thanks. I can't imagine it not having it, but I'd like to confirm it. Hate to bug a dealership with yet another question that I "should" know the answer to!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Go ahead and bug the dealer.
A good dealer would have gone over that, during the PDI. Your dealer apparently failed to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBogey View Post
Can someone confirm for me, that the dinette in the 2401W folds down into a bed? I know that I "should" know that, but I haven't seen anywhere online where it lists it or shows it

Thank You!

Bogey
the 2400 W converts into a bed by removing the dinette top, removing the post, placing the Dinette top on its rests and then taking the two back cushions and placing them on the top.The 2400W and the 2401W have the same layout. FYI, it is more of a child bed than anything else. Not nearly long enough for two adults.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:29 AM   #6

Thanks! I've never known a dinette to be comfortable yet, but this would basically be for grandkids.

We haven't ordered one "yet", but the dealer we've been talking with is from out of state and he has been great about answering our questions - I just thought this one was 99.9% a typical converted bed, but didn't want to bug him for an obvious question
Old 07-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #7

Quote:
I've never known a dinette to be comfortable yet, but this would basically be for grandkids.
The dinette on my 21DS measures 84"x48"...easily long enough but not quite wide enough for 2 adults...and with 1.5" of memory foam on top of the cushions, quite comfy...
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdog View Post
The dinette on my 21DS measures 84"x48"...easily long enough but not quite wide enough for 2 adults...and with 1.5" of memory foam on top of the cushions, quite comfy...
the dinette bed on the 2400WS is only 74" long by about 48" wide, the biggest problem in using it is to figure what to do with the two curved back rests cushions. Maybe set them up in the driver and passenger seats, and put some pumpkin heads on them for fun.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:55 PM   #9

LOL, I like the pumpkin head idea! We drove over Saturday to a dealer and looked a 2401WS over and actually put the bed down. Since we are going to get one with the entertainment center instead of the overhead bunk, it was pretty important to have a second spot to sleep for the grandkids!

I too wondered about "where" we'd put those corners, but the driver/passenger seats is a good idea.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:25 AM   #10

Quote:
LOL, I like the pumpkin head idea! We drove over Saturday to a dealer and looked a 2401WS over and actually put the bed down. Since we are going to get one with the entertainment center instead of the overhead bunk, it was pretty important to have a second spot to sleep for the grandkids!

I too wondered about "where" we'd put those corners, but the driver/passenger seats is a good idea.
We have the Sunseeker 2400WS and find it is perfect for the two of us. When we ordered ours, we decided on the trekker cap instead of the cab over bunk. The advertising stated a 42" tv but ours was equipped with a 32" tv located on the passenger side. It actually works out better than in the center.

We also added the oven instead of the drawer because we like baking cinnamon rolls and corn muffins on occasion. Sometimes real ovens are just better suited to baking than micros or convection.

We did order the TV for the bedroom and probably would have installed one myself if I had a do-over. There is a 12 volt, a 110 volt and an antenna receptacle located on the wall above where the tv would be mounted so you could mount one yourself. Ask your dealer to provide you with the brand name and the model number for the bedroom TV so you can check the reviews on it and decide whether you want it installed or you want to either have a different one installed at the dealership or do the install yourself.

If you do think you want the propane grill that is an option have your dealership show you which compartment it is designed to be stored in. We chose not to order it but it appeared to me to be too large to fit in any of the outside compartments on the 2400WS. Instead we have a small rectangular Weber propane grill that uses the one pound canisters. It is plenty big to cook enough food for four if necessary and weighs less than ten pounds.

We have almost 2000 miles on ours now. We went to northern Michigan over the fourth. I was bucking a 30 mph head wind most of the way up and even with the Sumos on the rear, it was a white knuckle trip so I have decided to add them to the front to help take the roll out of the Sunseeker when cornering. The rear Sumo's made a huge difference for us but we do pull a 3000 pound trailer. Mileage going north in that headwind was about 10 mpg. Coming back south we averaged almost 13 in a 10 mph quartering wind. The southbound trip was with the cruise control set at 65 mph which was needed to keep from getting passed by pickups hauling fifth wheeler's.

Now that we have worked the problems out of ours, we are really getting to love it.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
the dinette bed on the 2400WS is only 74" long by about 48" wide, the biggest problem in using it is to figure what to do with the two curved back rests cushions.
The will "mostly" fit under the table top in my rig. I'm guessing there isn't as much space between the benches in yours as the length is 10 inches shorter so maybe the cushions won't fit under. Otherwise, I have also set them in front of the oven/sink area with one stood like an "L" and the other an inverted "L" on top of the first. YMMV...
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #12

Diner conversion

Yes, just lower the table. Not long enough for most adults though.
HansSchulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #13

MBS2401 swaying issue

Has anyone encountered a loud and hard metal noise that originates somewhere under the chassis (back axle?!?) when turning on uneven pavement with low speed?
HansSchulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:03 AM   #14

Our 22 footer dinette makes into a bed. I slept on it once, but it was miserable. The cushions kept sliding off, and the foam is not very firm so I felt the table underneath me. The floor would be more comfortable with a sleeping bag, LOL! I guess a lightweight child might sleep fine, but the cushions would still slide off.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote