Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #1

Question 2501TS interior storage question.

It looks like we may be deciding on the 2501TS over the 2861DS now because we didn't consider that there wouldn't be kitchen access in the 2861DS while traveling once the slide was in.

The only thing is trying to figure out where to store extra sheets and towels. In our previous motor home we had a huge storage area under our bed for extra sheets and large cabinets in the bathroom and a utility cabinet for extra towels. Those of you who own the 2501TS what are your ideas for storage?
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #2

We still use the kitchen while traveling in our 2861ds. There are just two drawers you can't get to when the slide is in. Everything else is accessible.
vector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnynracer1 View Post
We still use the kitchen while traveling in our 2861ds. There are just two drawers you can't get to when the slide is in. Everything else is accessible.
Okay, that's good to know. Thanks! We didn't get to see the 2861ds with the slide closed, so couldn't visualize kitchen access while driving.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #4

Agree with cnynracer1, we just returned from a trip where we used the kitchen a couple times while the slide was in. Easy to get to the refer, sink, microwave and stove top, the flip up counter extension makes up for the lost counter that the slide blocks. Besides the two drawers, the cabinet under the sink is also blocked, but there was nothing in there that we needed.

I also took a short nap on the bed with the bed slide in, can't walk around it but easy to crawl onto for a nap.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
Agree with cnynracer1, we just returned from a trip where we used the kitchen a couple times while the slide was in. Easy to get to the refer, sink, microwave and stove top, the flip up counter extension makes up for the lost counter that the slide blocks. Besides the two drawers, the cabinet under the sink is also blocked, but there was nothing in there that we needed.

I also took a short nap on the bed with the bed slide in, can't walk around it but easy to crawl onto for a nap.
Are the upper cabinets blocked off as well?

My other hesitation with the 2501TS besides interior storage limitations was seating. If anyone else wanted to hang out inside, I'm not sure where they would sit. Seems like it would be a very tight fit for 4 on that dinette.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #6

No, the upper cabinets are not blocked off.

I went out and took a couple pictures with the slide in.

Moving the slide out two inches will make the lower cabinet accessible if necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000731_1.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	123886   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000737_1.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	123887  
Old 10-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
No, the upper cabinets are not blocked off.

I went out and took a couple pictures with the slide in.

Moving the slide out two inches will make the lower cabinet accessible if necessary.
Thank so much!! This helps tremendously! Just showed it to hubby. Now to negotiate a great price!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperroo View Post
Are the upper cabinets blocked off as well?

My other hesitation with the 2501TS besides interior storage limitations was seating. If anyone else wanted to hang out inside, I'm not sure where they would sit. Seems like it would be a very tight fit for 4 on that dinette.
That's exactly why we didn't move forward on the 2501. My wife and I were going back and forth between the 25, 28 and 30 just as you are, and found that the 28 provided much more comfortable seating (and the dinette across from the couch makes for a nice environment), the ability to sleep in the bed without the slide out (used quite a bit during traveling) and a comfortable length which drove nicely and was quite a discount under the 3011.

The 25 seating situation might be ok for a couple, but we travel with our 2 children or sometimes friends and needed the additional seating.
vector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank so much!! This helps tremendously! Just showed it to hubby. Now to negotiate a great price!
Camperroo, I may have missed it but did you ever get a new unit?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
Camperroo, I may have missed it but did you ever get a new unit?
Unfortunately, no. All the used ones that were interesting were all 3,000 miles away! Still looking. When is your unit coming?
Old 01-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Unfortunately, no. All the used ones that were interesting were all 3,000 miles away! Still looking. When is your unit coming?
Sorry to hear you haven't found anything yet.

We just received notice that ours is in at RVW. We are watching the weather to find a window when we can travel out to get it.

Tags
2501, storage