Old 01-04-2016, 02:12 PM   #11
Class C Representative

Technically there are only two ways for the fridge to be ran, Electricity and gas, but there are 3 different sources that can be pulled from.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:59 PM   #12

Thanks to all for this info!

I was "told" the residential refrigerator could not run on propane, and only be operated by shore power, or the generator. For my clarification, while driving between locations, the batteries, and or propane will operator the large refrigerator ? The onboard generator does not need to be running for this?

I feel allot better about the outside storage with the info provided. We really are "lite" packers, I was just concerned about some of the bulky items mentioned.

I also understand the 2011 has 500 lbs more of CCC than the 3051? and a little more storage space? At the expense of a smaller shower, and slightly smaller bed ?

I would really like to park the two units side by side, and spend time getting the feel of both units, and I am working on that.

Thanks to ALL for the owner / user experience !

1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
Class C Representative

The big refrigerator is not a residential fridge and can be powered off of propane or electricity. The onboard generator does not need to be on.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 01-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #14

All good....thank you Josh!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Old 01-05-2016, 12:58 AM   #15

I'm only really familiar with the 3051, though I did test drive the 3011.

One great thing about the 3051 is the way the bathroom is set up. The sink and countertop are open in the aisle on the slide side, with the toilet and shower opposite. There is a solid sliding door between the kitchen and the bathroom. And an accordion door between the bathroom and the bedroom. So you close the sliding door and the accordion door and use the whole space as one large room.

It lives very well. Super convenient.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #16
Citrus County, Fl.

Bob, maybe your best bet for comparing side by side would be to attend the Tampa RV show. Maybe Joshua can chime in if he knows if a 3010/11 and 3050/51 will be there. I can on going Wednesday. If you will be there give me a call if you still have my number and maybe we can catch a sandwich together. I plan on wearing my FROG hat!!
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #17
Class C Representative

Both of those floor plans will be at the Tampa show.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #18

We looked at both models and ended up with the 3011 floor plan because of the large counter in the kitchen and the sleeping layout to fit our family of 6.

Two kids sleep in the bed over the cab and two sleep on the couch which pulls out into a full size bed. The length of this bed will last as our kids grow taller. The 3051 has a jackknife sofa bed and the dining table that turns into a bed but it seems pretty short.

If it was just my wife and I we may have gone with the 3051. It seems like a good couples layout.

The outside storage holds everything we need and then some. We have a portable grill, huge outdoor mat, large cooler for ice and drinks, 8 chairs including a couple zero gravity chairs, toolbox, electric and plumbing stuff, a step stool, a tote for firewood, beach toys, kites, bike helmets, the kids Razor scooters, a Camp Chef 2-burner stove plus griddle top and BBQ box, leveling blocks, etc, etc.

We have the 4 door fridge with ice maker and we love it. It holds plenty of food and gets cold quickly and stays cold. I keep it on the auto switch so while we're driving the propane keeps it going and when we get to a campground with shore power it switches over automatically.

Either way you can't go wrong. We love our Forester and would buy a Forester if we were shopping again. Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #19

I'm hoping that we have the similar experience with our 3011DS! I'm working out the details now to go pay for ours and scheduling a pick up date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORvideoguy View Post
We looked at both models and ended up with the 3011 floor plan because of the large counter in the kitchen and the sleeping layout to fit our family of 6.

Two kids sleep in the bed over the cab and two sleep on the couch which pulls out into a full size bed. The length of this bed will last as our kids grow taller. The 3051 has a jackknife sofa bed and the dining table that turns into a bed but it seems pretty short.

If it was just my wife and I we may have gone with the 3051. It seems like a good couples layout.

The outside storage holds everything we need and then some. We have a portable grill, huge outdoor mat, large cooler for ice and drinks, 8 chairs including a couple zero gravity chairs, toolbox, electric and plumbing stuff, a step stool, a tote for firewood, beach toys, kites, bike helmets, the kids Razor scooters, a Camp Chef 2-burner stove plus griddle top and BBQ box, leveling blocks, etc, etc.

We have the 4 door fridge with ice maker and we love it. It holds plenty of food and gets cold quickly and stays cold. I keep it on the auto switch so while we're driving the propane keeps it going and when we get to a campground with shore power it switches over automatically.

Either way you can't go wrong. We love our Forester and would buy a Forester if we were shopping again. Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #20

Thank you all for the info!

We have located both models at a dealer much closer than the Tampa show (still two hours away) but hopefully we can get over there this weekend.

Mostly it will be just the wife and I, with an occasional guest or two. I just want to lay on the beds, and stand within the shower of both units. On floor plans, the shower looks smaller on the 3011?

Is the shower noticeably smaller?

GL1800- if I end up going to the Tampa show I surely will give you a call. Don't spend to much money over there...lol!

ORvideo- I don't have that much stuff in my house garage....LOL. Thank you, I did have concerns about outside storage from looking at pics.

1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK

Tags