Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #1

3011 DS 2018 Forester Attwood heat pump

Ok, it's ninety degrees everyday at this time of the year, why am i talking heat pumps?
Eight months ago i was spending three months in Florida and i wanted to use my heat pump instead of propane for the chill at night. The heat pump worked well doing that, however it worked too well and would keep cycling on every minute or so all night long. I did the dealer route who said that was normal, I did the Google research and found many answers - most were that i didn't set the thermostat correctly, I called the Attwood people and they said the cycling was not normal BUT offered no cure.
Today I'm sitting in the middle of the Frog Rally in Goshen In. and i see hope on the horizon. I have talked to Dometic/Attwood senior reps and they have assured me that my problem is not "normal", the company is aware and is actively working on a cure. they said that they have designed a new circuit board and have a test board in a unit for evaluation. They have taken my name and address and assured me that i will be getting one of the new boards when it's produced.
The board is in the roof side of the unit so most will want the dealership to install it. I will post more when i get and run the new fix.

The Frog Rally is more and better than i expected, all the service people are helpful and very, very courteous. They want to help and go way past just fixing your problem. As they were aligning my shower door they noticed a broken louver in the ceiling a/c duct, they replaced that and then saw that i had a drawer latch problem and fixed that too.

After a very bad experience with my delivery dealer i had a chip on my shoulder. i realize after this experience that the company cares about their product and wants us happy. Now if they could only get the dealers in line.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #2

I think overall Forest River is a very solid company that does care about providing for its customers I also feel that the majority of dealers feel the same way we just hear mostly about the ones that have short comings on the forum.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Please post updates. I have the AC1511-B that does exactly what yours does and mine also “rains” down from the fiter on A/C function.

Tags
forester, pump