Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #1

3011ds door issue or user error lol

Hey everyone today my wife and I picked up a brand new 2019 3011ds forester. First time rv owners so it’s a bit overwhelming. Got the rv Home and we can figure out how to get the side door shut hahah : I made sure the screen door was attached. Than tried it not attached. It’s almost like the pins are too short and don’t fit over the locking mechinisim. I can take a picture if need be.

Wanted to reach out and see if there was something we are missing maybe some latch or something??

Thanks in advance!
Djtonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:28 PM   #2

Posting a couple of pictures would be very helpful.
Locky
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #3

Funny story the bolts that go into the locking mechanism were screwed in too much a quick twist and they fit prefect whoa lol
Old 04-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #4

Glad to hear....now enjoy!!
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #5

Hope you enjoy, what color did you get, any changes from the 2018?
lacrawgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

DJtonton welcome to FRF. Forester and Sunseeker are sister lines with the Forester having a few more bells and whistles. So if you cannot find what you seek here, try the Sunseeker sub forum. FYI: The plate the pins go into is also adjustable for vertical alignment.

This forum is a great place to pick up some tips, get some help, meet new folks and discover issues before they become problems. There are threads in both sections where
folks share improvements and modifications they have made. They may not be model specific but most share the same E-450 platform so under the shell they are very similar.

Safe Travels and Enjoy your new RV,
Ducky

Edit: If you didnt post a picture, it never happened.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrawgator View Post
We just got the basic paint job im hoping down the road we can wrap the RV with some cool Sasquatch image lol Not 100% whats different from 2018 vs 2019 I thought we were getting a 2018 from the RV show but how it worked out we got upgraded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
DJtonton welcome to FRF. Forester and Sunseeker are sister lines with the Forester having a few more bells and whistles. So if you cannot find what you seek here, try the Sunseeker sub forum. FYI: The plate the pins go into is also adjustable for vertical alignment.

This forum is a great place to pick up some tips, get some help, meet new folks and discover issues before they become problems. There are threads in both sections where
folks share improvements and modifications they have made. They may not be model specific but most share the same E-450 platform so under the shell they are very similar.

Safe Travels and Enjoy your new RV,
Ducky

Edit: If you didnt post a picture, it never happened.
Prefect thank you ill have to remember that! Super excited to start traveling! Cant Wait
Old 04-08-2018, 06:43 AM   #8

Enjoy your new MH, I've got a 2016 3011ds, I don't think there is too much difference, except for the touch pad..Happy Travels
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #9
psribbens

Lots of loose screw, nuts, bolts

If you search for my post regarding my 2016 3011DS after PDI, loose screws on the door---where I couldn't see the threads on the various screws, a screwdriver could get several turns. Eventually, I removed each screw, one at a time, and put red thread lock on each, then re-tightened. It's a year down the road, I will inspect when it comes out of storage later this week.

As others have posted, you can get a collection of spare white and black painted screws by looking under the various seats, crevices and corners.<br>
In the storage bays-compartments in the back--after driving down some dusty gravel roads--I could see where the air leaked in with the dust. I cleaned and sealed where the plastic molded pans interfaces with the walls. Your choice; I used a combination of pure silicone, or other sealing compounds such as Geocel 28100V Pro Flex Crystal Clear RV Flexible Sealant - 10 oz.
or the various Dicor products, such Dicor Non Leveling Non Sag Lap Sealant 551LSW

--which I have NOT personally used.

BTW my dealer told me that many of the doors, and outer bay doors are only covered by Forest River warranty for the first 60 days (can anyone confirm this?) In our case, when I brought it in in December (7 months after purchase, but well within what we thought was a year warranty period) to repair the too short latch under the dining area, that was when he gave us that information. Would have been nice to have told us that during the PDI. We would have brought in in sooner. To their credit, the local dealer did extend the lock latch so the bay door will lock.
Further, I removed the propane heater vent return panel below the refrigerator and looked back at the wedge-shaped junction of the rear fender well--found a lot of dust there--the dust is drawn in when using the propane heat. ( A flashlight at night verified the un-selaed crevice where the dust comes in.) In this case I purchased the fire retardant Great stuff foam, and flowed it into that area, leaving some room for it to expand. Since I did this last fall I haven't had a chance to see how it's going to work out--hopefully it will remain flexible enough to handle the various body flexing and temperature differences--that is--normal wear and tear. Probably didn't need the Fire retardant variety, but better safe than sorry.
As always, others will respond, perhaps with improved suggestions and experience.
Happy Travels...
Old 04-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #10

Your new RV looks good ......enjoy it !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrawgator View Post
I saw a video of a 2019 3011DS and did notice the outside shower is now located within the sewer hookup bay, the kitchen stove has what looked like LED accent lighting on the top /front, and the kitchen sink faucet looks taller ( maybe like the 16 & 17 models) ? We have the shorter one !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #12

Looks nice! I'm jealous. Been wanting a 3011ds for a while and can't seem to commit. Probably for the better, as we are 12 years from retirement and are probably getting it too soon. Enjoy!

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #13

2018 3011 ds

We just purchased a 2018 3011 ds and just took it on a 3 week shakedown trip. Had several issues to resolve. We are very happy with it over all. Hope you enjoy yours as well.
Sherol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherol View Post
We just purchased a 2018 3011 ds and just took it on a 3 week shakedown trip. Had several issues to resolve. We are very happy with it over all. Hope you enjoy yours as well.

We have a family cottage near Kalamazoo MI we are heading up their this Friday and staying up a couple days first trip out. Im so excited!

Any suggestions for the first trip? What issues did you run into if you dont mind me asking.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #15

Our awning will not work and Camping world has ordered parts (twice) to try to repair it. Our main slide wouldn't work and we found a burned out fuse in a box under the right bedroom closet behind a removable panel. I only found it because it made a clicking noise and I followed the noise. Our toilet was leaking from behind the wooden area behind the toilet but just stopped on it's own. Haven't figured that one out yet. The flimsy toilet seat had a bolt fall out (in the toilet, yuck) and i had to fish it out and put it back in to keep the lid on the toilet seat. I plan on replacing it asap. We had to play with the radio a lot to get it figured out. Download the jControl app on your smart phone to control the radio. It really helps. The antenna booster is kind of hard to find, it is in the cabinet over the door and hidden. You have to feel for it and make sure it is on when using the roof antenna (it will glow green when on). We put old rugs in the bottom of all the outside compartments and used plastic baskets or totes to put all the stuff in. The old rugs help with noise and scraping. May think of more later. Here are a few pictures of some decorating I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6427.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	347.2 KB
ID:	168517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6428.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	426.5 KB
ID:	168518   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6429.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	422.7 KB
ID:	168519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6430.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	168520  
Sherol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #16
Certified Curmudgeon

If you edit your pics, just the slightest crop will do, you can make them appear right side up.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherol View Post
Our awning will not work and Camping world has ordered parts (twice) to try to repair it. Our main slide wouldn't work and we found a burned out fuse in a box under the right bedroom closet behind a removable panel. I only found it because it made a clicking noise and I followed the noise. Our toilet was leaking from behind the wooden area behind the toilet but just stopped on it's own. Haven't figured that one out yet. The flimsy toilet seat had a bolt fall out (in the toilet, yuck) and i had to fish it out and put it back in to keep the lid on the toilet seat. I plan on replacing it asap. We had to play with the radio a lot to get it figured out. Download the jControl app on your smart phone to control the radio. It really helps. The antenna booster is kind of hard to find, it is in the cabinet over the door and hidden. You have to feel for it and make sure it is on when using the roof antenna (it will glow green when on). We put old rugs in the bottom of all the outside compartments and used plastic baskets or totes to put all the stuff in. The old rugs help with noise and scraping. May think of more later. Here are a few pictures of some decorating I did.

Oh good call on the rugs in the outside compartments makes sense. One of the first things I did was download that jControl app ill have to play around with it. We didnt go over the roof antenna so ill have to be on the lookout for that I do know when it was in my driveway I was picking up crystal clear channels is this something I have to turn off? Does this have a wifi extender in it as well that you need to configure do you happen to know?

Tags
door