Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #1

3050 stove propane line kinking

I have an issue with my propane line that feeds the stove, it is connected in a side compartment and is plumbed into the bottom of the slide. when the slide is deployed the hose comes out from a chute, the problem is when the slide is retracted the hose does not feed back into the chute and gets kinked so the stove won't light when the slide is in. has anyone had this issue, is so what was the fix. I tried several thing but to no avail.
fnb9427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnb9427 View Post
I have an issue with my propane line that feeds the stove, it is connected in a side compartment and is plumbed into the bottom of the slide. when the slide is deployed the hose comes out from a chute, the problem is when the slide is retracted the hose does not feed back into the chute and gets kinked so the stove won't light when the slide is in. has anyone had this issue, is so what was the fix. I tried several thing but to no avail.
Mine did the same thing when new except it kinked when the slide was extended. I used a few tie wraps to secure it to the surrounding bracing. Works fine now.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #3

Same issue with mine, no flow when slide was in. Solution for me was to remove a few of the tape wraps that held the hose to the bungee cord. I made sure the bungee was secured to the hose only enough so that when the slide was in the last tape wrap was just visible coming from the chute. I also looped the hose a bit to take up some of slack just before the hard pipe connection where it exits the compartment.

Sometime in 2019 they changed the routing. I believe it now follows the power and water route under the bed.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, propane, sunseeker