Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #1

3050S outside tv inputs

I know the TV over the cab bed is connected to the overhead stereo via HDMI and also connected to the cable system. Is the outside TV connected to anything? Is there an HDMI input inside the RV that is connected to the outside TV? Is the cable connection connected to the outside TV? Also, does the cable input support satellite television and cable TV?

Thanks in advance.
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:28 PM   #2

There’s only a single coax cable to each TV. What you view is determined by the little button on the coax output box along with the settings on the TV. I’m pretty sure the setup is the same on the Sunseeker 3050 and Forester 3051. The factory installs an HDMI cable from the small compartment ( where the coax cable is located) to the TV and a second HDMI from the radio/DVD system. None to the outside or bedroom TV.

I ran an HDMI cable from the entertainment cabinet to the outside TV. It’s not a hard job at all. That cable goes to a splitter box which takes the output from the AppleTV and sends it to the overhead and outside TVs.

Satellite?...don’t have a clue, don’t have it and don’t want it. Much easier to use DirectTV via cellular WiFi and displayed on the AppleTV.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
There’s only a single coax cable to each TV. What you view is determined by the little button on the coax output box along with the settings on the TV. I’m pretty sure the setup is the same on the Sunseeker 3050 and Forester 3051. The factory installs an HDMI cable from the small compartment ( where the coax cable is located) to the TV and a second HDMI from the radio/DVD system. None to the outside or bedroom TV.

I ran an HDMI cable from the entertainment cabinet to the outside TV. It’s not a hard job at all. That cable goes to a splitter box which takes the output from the AppleTV and sends it to the overhead and outside TVs.

Satellite?...don’t have a clue, don’t have it and don’t want it. Much easier to use DirectTV via cellular WiFi and displayed on the AppleTV.
By Direct TV are you referring to DirectTV Now?
Old 05-01-2019, 08:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk S View Post
By Direct TV are you referring to DirectTV Now?
Yes, although regular DTV and Dish work just fine on an iPhone or iPad mirrored to the big TV.

Tags
305, 3050s, saunseeker, sunseeker