Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #1

3050S Slide issue

We have had our 3050S in and out all summer trying to remedy the slide issues.The slide is not flush when in and started making noises.They have so far replaced a motor and slide control board and now noticed teeth off on a gear at top.A part has been ordered but has not arrived and we are now heading off on our last trip of season so are trying to make arrangements to take it to Elkhart to have it repaired hopefully for once and for all!Has anyone had the experience of taking their unit there - how long does it take and what do you do without it overnight?
Warranty manager at Forest River changed in middle of all this so that has added more to the mix!
Thank you!
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseekercamper56 View Post
We have had our 3050S in and out all summer trying to remedy the slide issues.The slide is not flush when in and started making noises.They have so far replaced a motor and slide control board and now noticed teeth off on a gear at top.A part has been ordered but has not arrived and we are now heading off on our last trip of season so are trying to make arrangements to take it to Elkhart to have it repaired hopefully for once and for all!Has anyone had the experience of taking their unit there - how long does it take and what do you do without it overnight?
Warranty manager at Forest River changed in middle of all this so that has added more to the mix!
Thank you!
Cant offer any help but am very interested in your outcome, please post when you get repaired.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:04 PM   #3

Good luck with that. The warranty manager jerked me around for months. I would not take it to the factory. They are a complete joke. . You will miss half a season or more. My advice is to find a good mobile repair guy or repair shop. My 3050s was at three places and promises that never happened from a forest river to fix the slide. I finally found a mobile repair guy that fixed mine.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #4

3050S slide

I am happy to report that after going to the factory in Sept.a new slide system was ordered and the work was completed in our own city.We had hoped to have it done at the factory but parts had to be special ordered.We were able to use our slide for the remainder of our trip and then had the work done just before we put it into storage.We are hoping this will have solved the problem.
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #5

Hope it works out for you. Mine has been working but I still always have slide locks with me just in case. Mine would keep sliding out while driving. I carry a spare slide motor now as well.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, 3050s, slide