Old 01-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #11

This has probably been stated, but what EXACTLY do I need for my 3010DS to use an extra 20lb propane tank so I can take it and get if filled??
Thanks

Old 01-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #12

Amazon.com: Camco 59123 RV Propane Brass Tee with 4 Ports and Extension Hose: Automotive

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #13
ETF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The dump valve/shore line compartment is also heated with a small duct from the LP furnace.
I can't see one in my 3011DS. I did find the one in the water filter/pump compartment.

We don't do much cold weather camping but we were caught over New Year and I learned some things so I'll be better prepared next time.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETF View Post
I can't see one in my 3011DS. I did find the one in the water filter/pump compartment.

We don't do much cold weather camping but we were caught over New Year and I learned some things so I'll be better prepared next time.
The duct that serves the water pump area will "spill over" via the air gaps around the waste tanks. I was also camping during the "Hercules" winter system and I was checking my enclosed sanitary waste valve area while the furnace was running, I could detect the slight warm air coming from the other side of the coach.
My gray water waste valve ended up frozen shut when it got down to 14 degrees, but the gray tank was also near empty at the time. No problem on the black tank valve but its a bigger valve though.
I can add two items to watch for in sub freezing temps.: make certain there is no drop/dip in the sewer hose. Even though my waste valves were closed I kept the sewer hose connected. Well where the hose connected into the campground sewer, it had a slight step up which created a shallow low spot in the sewer hose. Water collected in that area and froze solid. I had to use a hairdryer to thaw the ice plug in the sewer hose.
The other tip; we had rain before the snow came then the temps dropped fast. Our patio mat literally became part of the concrete camping pad. The patio mat was still very wet when the temps dropped well below freezing. We weren't the only ones trying to pry a patio mat up. Then it became interesting as to now what to do with the solid sheet of 9 X 12 patio mat. I poured enough hot water from the coach over the mat to get it to at least roll up then strapped it to the bumper.

Bobby
Old 01-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #15
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETF View Post

Correct. As was stated above the air spills over. We used to run the duct right in the middle of the compartment. However it seemed the weak link was the water filter and those smaller pex lines. So we moved it over to that side. I think it was more important to keep the water filter/pump/fresh lines warm. If the gray/black freezes you can always put antifreeze in those. Not necessarily a sealed system so it can expand back into the tank as well.

My daughters car would not start so I went out to try. She had left a McDonalds cup in there. The ice had expanded up and out the top of the straw. It was pretty neat.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyH View Post
This has probably been stated, but what EXACTLY do I need for my 3010DS to use an extra 20lb propane tank so I can take it and get if filled??
Thanks
Check your RV dealer's parts department, RV catalogs and/or their web sites for "Extend-a-Stay" kits. They have several different ones for just connecting to the coach's regulator, supplying external gas grills, etc. The kits have everything you need. It takes about 10 minutes to connect or disconnect a grill gas tank. The kit may still have the old style grill gas fitting that requires a wrench instead of the plastic knob like you get with newer gas grills.

Examples:
Extend-A-Stay Standard Propane Kit - $63.69

Extend-A-Stay Deluxe Propane Kit RV Camper - $77.99
Old 01-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #17

I take the hose/regulators off the RV tank and put it right on a 20# bottle standing on a 4x4 piece of wood.
Works great!

Tags
305, camping