Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 42
Hey RayDee66,

Our Dealer also did a horrible job (I wonder if it was one of the same..UT?). Anyhow, I'm not sure if you fixed your DVD issue but after several hours/days of trouble shooting I finally determined the rca cord from the in dash DVD unit to the control box was bad.
__________________

__________________
grega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 43
Wife and I took delivery of our 3051 3 weeks ago and took our first shakedown trip last week. We love it. Still getting acquainted with it and trying to learn how everything works. Biggest issue so far is the autolevel system may not be working right (would raise the rear tires of the ground but not extend the front jacks). I had to level manually. I'm impressed with many details that tell me that FR has put a lo of thought into the design. The wife even drove it for 100+ miles on our return to home (something she would never do when we towed a camper).
__________________

__________________
dcogs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcogs15 View Post
Wife and I took delivery of our 3051 3 weeks ago and took our first shakedown trip last week. We love it. Still getting acquainted with it and trying to learn how everything works. Biggest issue so far is the autolevel system may not be working right (would raise the rear tires of the ground but not extend the front jacks). I had to level manually. I'm impressed with many details that tell me that FR has put a lo of thought into the design. The wife even drove it for 100+ miles on our return to home (something she would never do when we towed a camper).
My Wife wiil drive ours very soon. We are taking ours in for the problem on Movie disk to our Front TV, Thursday. But we like ours also, just want to get some "Bugs" taken care of.
__________________
raydee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega View Post
Hey RayDee66,

Our Dealer also did a horrible job (I wonder if it was one of the same..UT?). Anyhow, I'm not sure if you fixed your DVD issue but after several hours/days of trouble shooting I finally determined the rca cord from the in dash DVD unit to the control box was bad.
I thought of that also but our TV (40) front is still under warranty so it is going back at a FR dealer which is closer than 110 miles to our original dealer (Terry Town Grand Rapids Mi) which we hope they find the problem. I will let you know. Also I called that dealer for I did not have our Ford E-450 in our unit on delivery. 2nd big lie is It's in the mail!!!!! I will call again in the morning
__________________
raydee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 9
We also just purchased a 3051S. So far only a few little problems. The dealership we purchased from is in OH and the RV is in FL so it will be interesting to see if that causes any concerns / problems.
The only "issues" I'm currently having is with the front and outside tv. I pluged the cable in, scanned all the channels, and get a good picture only on the aft (bedroom) tv. Anyone have or had a similar problem? Also our unit has a black box in the front over couch cabinet that looks like a master controller for inputs to all three tv's (possible surround sound box?). Can't make it work, any clues on that?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Damon
__________________
BiffF15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #26
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,098
Make sure he switch box is set to cable for each of the TV's.

Not surround, that box controls which signal each TV gets. its basically a splitter.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiffF15 View Post
We also just purchased a 3051S. So far only a few little problems. The dealership we purchased from is in OH and the RV is in FL so it will be interesting to see if that causes any concerns / problems.
The only "issues" I'm currently having is with the front and outside tv. I pluged the cable in, scanned all the channels, and get a good picture only on the aft (bedroom) tv. Anyone have or had a similar problem? Also our unit has a black box in the front over couch cabinet that looks like a master controller for inputs to all three tv's (possible surround sound box?). Can't make it work, any clues on that?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Damon
Make sure your front TV is on chanel 3 for scannig
__________________
raydee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #28
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,098
I've seen a few of the switch boxes on channel 4 for some reason. The back of the switch box has a swtich to choose 3 or 4. Not sure why one would be better than the other unless you have a local channel 3? But most are now digital (3.1) so who knows.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 9
bclemens,
Thanks for the advice and I think that fixed the it. Do you know if there is a manual for this box (pdf) that is available for download, and or for the in dash stereo / dvd / gps? I looked on the FR website and couldn't find anything.
Thanks,
Damon
__________________
BiffF15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
GM
 
bclemens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 7,098
Dash radio manual should have been in your info pack.

Someone posted the switch box info on here somewhere..pretty simple device really.

Radio manual attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M4-LCD-UM Small.pdf (7.16 MB, 67 views)
__________________

__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
305

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.