Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #1

Question 3051S M/Home

Looked at a 3051S @ the local RV show this weekend. Full length slide, lots of room, etc.
Any current users of this model, and if so, I'd appreciated your thoughts, comments, issues/problems etc.
Thks in advance
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

I saw one a few weeks ago,my wife loved it but I thought there was too much wasted space.I'd wait before I would consider one to make sure all the bugs were worked out.What did you think of it?
Six Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #3

I lliked the openess of it. The one I saw had the entertainment center above the driver/pass, NOT the bed which I guess is also available. Not sure which I'd prefer as I like the open space up there based on past units.
Lots of good storage outside, great fridge. My wife was not with me, but I'm SURE she'd have liked it.
I am a bit concerned over such a long slider; and asked some questions. Apparently they upgraded the slider rollers from original design based on what they learned on the first unit they'd self tested.
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Was that you I talked to at the Calgary show this weekend? I would have responded sooner, but we took a 2650 Sunseeker to Lake Louise one day, Sunshine the next.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #5

Yes, we talked at the show. Glad you made it to Sunshine and LL, hope you had a great time.
I'm going to be doing some "thinking" on all of this. What I'd really like is a toy hauling Cl C so I can pull my boat trailer as well.
We'll see where this all goes.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #6

No sir it wasn't me,I'm a little more south,Florida,but I sure would like to meet you someday.
Six Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenfun View Post
Looked at a 3051S @ the local RV show this weekend. Full length slide, lots of room, etc.
Any current users of this model, and if so, I'd appreciated your thoughts, comments, issues/problems etc.
Thks in advance
We orderd one in October and it suppose to be delivered in March.Time did not bother us for we leave the sunbelt on March 21. let you know when we do a "shake down" trip. raydee66
raydee66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #8

RayDee, good luck on your "shakedown" run. I'll look forward to any comments you'll have.
Do you mean your heading south to the sunshine on Mar 21, or coming from it. Sure would like winter to be done, seems longer every year to me!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #9

A wall slide is heavy so the net carrying capacity is only about 1600 lbs. Pack light, don't load it up with heavy options like stabilizing jacks, be careful what you tow or carry on the hitch and you'll be okay.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #10

Quote:
RayDee, good luck on your "shakedown" run. I'll look forward to any comments you'll have.
Do you mean your heading south to the sunshine on Mar 21, or coming from it. Sure would like winter to be done, seems longer every year to me!!
We will coming home from Texas
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
A wall slide is heavy so the net carrying capacity is only about 1600 lbs. Pack light, don't load it up with heavy options like stabilizing jacks, be careful what you tow or carry on the hitch and you'll be okay.
The wall slide isn't really all that heavy...its all the stuff that the wall slide allows you to add. Full wall slide means only one slide mechanism...where a 2nd slide adds the weight of a 2nd slide mechanism and you end up with just about the same amount of framing/wall material.

It's heavy because its a 31' motorhome with a 12 cubic foot fridge (in most cases) and a good size kitchen, big vanity and nightstands. The 3170/71 is about the same weight in a double slide. We're just trying to cram in all the stuff people ask us for.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #12

Thans for the 3051S info
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #13

The dealer sent 56 pictures!! I only asked fo 5. Hope to get it when we get back to Michigan end of March
Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:
We ill be leaving Texas and head home to Michigan. Our 3051S is at the dealers yard. So once we get unloade we will pick it up
Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydee66 View Post
We will coming home from Texas
We will pickup our 3051S on April 11th. I had a Dish Dome put on the front roof and a awning over the dinnete window. So far it looks good.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Thks in advance
So far we been getting the inside ready for items in it. One dumb thing was we have a 40 tv in front but we added a Dome on the roof but the outlet to plug it in is behind that TV, so you have to take 6screws out to move the Tv to plug in anything. The best thing when you have to do this is PLUG in a power strip then you have it in the cabnet to the right.
There is no LOW DRAIN hoses under the unit, at lest I did not find one yet.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Low point drains are behind the panel where the water filter/water pump are.

Just open the black ABS cover to expose that area (inside the storage compartment). Should see a red & blue right there.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #18

Smile

Quote:
I lliked the openess of it. The one I saw had the entertainment center above the driver/pass, NOT the bed which I guess is also available. Not sure which I'd prefer as I like the open space up there based on past units.
Lots of good storage outside, great fridge. My wife was not with me, but I'm SURE she'd have liked it.
I am a bit concerned over such a long slider; and asked some questions. Apparently they upgraded the slider rollers from original design based on what they learned on the first unit they'd self tested.
They have 9 rollers for that slide out,it does very good
Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #19

On our 3051S we wanted to take out our screen's out for we are getting the windows tinted, it there a easy way cause they are very tight in the track and will not even budge to get out of the track. Thank you, raydee66
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Thks in advance
We like ours, just had it out for a "shakedown" last weekend. Our dealer did a poor job on going over on items. Thanks for the frog forumn, that help a lot. My problem now is getting DVD to our 40" TV, it looks like I will put a Blu-Ray in. It is not fun to get that Tv out to hook up cables.
One stupid thing was they put a electric box behind the TV, Ihad to run a power strip from that box through the small hole for future items. We have the entertainment up front.

Tags