Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #1

3051S Mod - Dinette out, Loveseat in, TV moved

Husband has just finished up this major modification to our 2015 3051S and I'm loving it. As a recap - we ordered the unit without a sofa and with the entertainment center. We put in a Euro style recliner where the sofa would have been and the DH sat there and I sat at the dinette. It was "ok" but after much discussion we knew that we (he) could do better. Sou out came the dinette. We found a 4 piece recliner loveseat - 4 piece meaning the backs came off and the bottoms can be attached together if so desired. Having this in 4 pieces made getting it in the door a cinch. The loveseat was found at a Rooms To Go Outlet at a really great price (399). The euro recliner left and in its place we put a drop leaf table. Found at a local indoor flea market, it is maple and had to be modified somewhat to hook to the wall but is a perfect fit. The TV left from its original straight on viewing position and was moved in front of the right hand entertainment center cabinet and placed at a great viewing angle. The storage that was lost with the removal of the bench seat drawers was regained where the TV used to be. DH installed a wonderful drawer and a large shelf. We still need to get a cabinet door for the left hand cabinet. It's the old "pictures speak louder than words" so I'm attaching several.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	63528   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0631.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	273.8 KB
ID:	63529   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	63530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	63531   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	63532  

AprilFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #2

April, I love your mod....I just showed you pics to DH.
CJnDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #3

Nice job. Been thinking of doing just this to my 3120 which has a similar living area. DW has trouble visualizing what I want to do but these photos helped a lot. Were any seat belts relocated or can the unit legally transport only two passengers now?
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #4

Seatbelts were removed and I don't know that there would be any way to reinstall them where they would be "legal". They were bolted to a heavy duty metal frame that was bolted through the slide floor with extra support under the floor. Reinstalling them where they would work with the recliners would have meant just bolting them to the slideout floor and I seriously doubt that setup would meet safety standards.

Shelley
Old 09-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #5

Hey AprilFool, How is the repair job on outside slide bracket holding up? My 3051s back in dealer for slide gear set replacement. The mods you have done look GOOD! Keep posting future ones!!!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #6

Hi Jfrauts, Our repair to the slide is holding great so far. Sorry to hear that you are having more issues with yours. Keep us updated please!
Old 09-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #7

Got the dinette sold today through an ad on Craigslist. Took $300 for it - so to me that means the loveseat only cost $99! Lovin' this!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #8
Commercial Member

"Who is Stevie Wonder" I'll take "Music" for $500 Alex.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"Who is Stevie Wonder" I'll take "Music" for $500 Alex.

Very funny! For a few seconds there I thought you had lost it - but then realized that you knew the right answer!

Tags
305, modifications