Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #1

3051S or 3011DS

We are tossing between the two. Hopefully in the near future. I would like anyone's input as to why one or the other is your favorite. I replies we have to go with what suits us best. But still want input. We are full time. A few of our must haves: sofa, full bed over cab (grandchild with us a lot), walk around bed. Looking forward to your comparisons.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

We picked the 3011DS because it has the most counter space, you don't have to turn your neck to watch TV and it is the only one with a sleeper sofa instead of a jackknife.

99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 PM   #3

We picked the 3051 for the floor plan of sitting across from one another rather than all on the one side.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:45 PM   #4

Love that big TV
Old 03-13-2015, 01:10 AM   #5

We liked both the 3011 and the 3051 but ultimately chose the 3011.

For the 3011 we like the large kitchen counter. We also like that the TV is mounted on the wall and not on a swivel arm where it is more prone to being kicked as kids are on the bed above the cab. Also there's not a bad seat in the house for the TV, it can be viewed from the couch or the dinette and even from the over cab bed.

We like the fold out sofa bed, we have 4 kids so with 6 of us we have two kids above the cab, two on the sofa and my wife and I have our own bed in the back and we still have the table to make into a bed if we need it.

We like the large amount of under storage space (the most of all the Forest River class C's I believe). We like that the bedroom has windows on both sides of the bed and above it that open for plenty of fresh air and cross circulation plus the window out the back so it feels very open and has views out two sides.

And we ordered our 3011 with both driver and passenger swivel seats for extra seating. I don't think that the 3051 would make much sense to have two swivel seats since the dinette would block one of them so that limited extra seating by one.

For the 3051 we liked the large slide out and the extra room it gave to the bathroom and kitchen areas. We really liked the bathroom sink being in a large opening with plenty of room to move around, the under-sink laundry bag and the skylights. These were some of our favorite features of the 3051 but the 3011 had too many of the things we needed going for it.

Like you said it's a matter of choosing what is right for you. No matter what you can't go wrong with Forest River. Good luck with your decision, you'll be happy with either one.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORvideoguy View Post
We liked both the 3011 and the 3051 but ultimately chose the 3011.

For the 3011 we like the large kitchen counter. We also like that the TV is mounted on the wall and not on a swivel arm where it is more prone to being kicked as kids are on the bed above the cab. Also there's not a bad seat in the house for the TV, it can be viewed from the couch or the dinette and even from the over cab bed.

We like the fold out sofa bed, we have 4 kids so with 6 of us we have two kids above the cab, two on the sofa and my wife and I have our own bed in the back and we still have the table to make into a bed if we need it.

We like the large amount of under storage space (the most of all the Forest River class C's I believe). We like that the bedroom has windows on both sides of the bed and above it that open for plenty of fresh air and cross circulation plus the window out the back so it feels very open and has views out two sides.

And we ordered our 3011 with both driver and passenger swivel seats for extra seating. I don't think that the 3051 would make much sense to have two swivel seats since the dinette would block one of them so that limited extra seating by one.

For the 3051 we liked the large slide out and the extra room it gave to the bathroom and kitchen areas. We really liked the bathroom sink being in a large opening with plenty of room to move around, the under-sink laundry bag and the skylights. These were some of our favorite features of the 3051 but the 3011 had too many of the things we needed going for it.

Like you said it's a matter of choosing what is right for you. No matter what you can't go wrong with Forest River. Good luck with your decision, you'll be happy with either one.
You're right that swivel seats wouldn't work for the 3051. The under-sink laundry bag is a cute idea; however, when you fill the bag, you can't get it out without removing most of the laundry! We ended up taking the hinge off and use the space for storage.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #7

The 3011 has a 60 X 74 Queen bed and the 3051 has a 60 X 80 Queen bed. I am way to long for the 3011. Big difference when you lay down.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #8

See my comment on about the full wall slide under slideout forum.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachfrog View Post
See my comment on about the full wall slide under slideout forum.

I'm new to this board. I've look thru several boards. I can't find a "slider forum". Can you steer me to it please ?
Old 03-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
We picked the 3011DS because it has the most counter space, you don't have to turn your neck to watch TV and it is the only one with a sleeper sofa instead of a jackknife.

What is the difference in a sleeper sofa vs a jackknife? We don't currently have a sofa.

Tags